Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
The poor, poor boy. I am heart broken for him
He must be feeling 100 x better already. I would give Sudocreme a go too.

That woman 'needs a slaaaap' (not condoning violence )
I think the old boy knows his wandering days are gone and is looking for somewhete safe to end his days. I wish I was closer to lend a hand. xxxx
Yea I do get the feeling that he's not so ready to wonder now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Good luck with those meetings Steph, coz I can't wait to see pics of this little guy. Poor little mite
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Bet the poor boy feels so much better now - glad the showers went well. Hope the sudocream works also.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good luck with those meetings Steph, coz I can't wait to see pics of this little guy. Poor little mite
RSPCA involved now hun, waiting to hear back from them
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Bet the poor boy feels so much better now - glad the showers went well. Hope the sudocream works also.
Have put some on he seems alot quieter with his scratching now. Fingers xxxxxxxxx I don't know how you people who dogs have skin conditions cope, he makes me scratch
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's definitely a job for Sudocreme there Steph, and to me it looks like it could be rain scald which we used to get on our horse's backs when they were left with no rugs on out in all weathers, some would suffer with this. I bet he doesn't have it anywhere else? Then it's definitely rain scald! Hats off to you, I bet he's a lovely old fella, and who else but you would do what you're doing for him, but I bet he already knows that Steph.xxxxx You're a true STAR!!!
Dito, I thought Scald too, but without the scabs,
Can dogs get scald? given the summer has just passed Im not so sure, ok its been wet, but Im not sure what that is,
again YS your a star for taking the poor old man in x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 05:19 PM
that looks so sore, what a shame for the old boy.

Have to say I think the poor boy is a wanderer DUE to what he probably had to put up with at home, he doesnt want to wander now because he feels loved ! thats what it says to me anyway, if you can avoid him going back to that horrid woman then i think you should try - i know thats easier said than done steph but the thought of the poor boy going back to someone who just doesnt care. breaks my heart.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm only guessing here Shona coz of where it is and the fact that this poor little man has had to suffer being out in all that rain of late? However, I do know from my vet, that my Georgie had great big wealds with puss all along his entire back just like that, which apparently was caused by the previous owner's young kittens suckling off his back Hence his went all sceptic and turned into big puss filled wealds, but could well have started off like this chap's condition is now, which then makes me think has he got the same thing my dog has got, especially as Steph has said it's also underneath I'm guessing though, that's it's pure neglect, being thrown out in all elements, fleas biting, etc. etc. and he'll be right as rain once he gets sorted, coz no Steph, you definitely wouldn't want to be in one of my shoes!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Aww, Steph, I'm sure he feels so much better being clean and hopefully that will be the start of his skin getting better.
I'm sure you'll let us know what happens with the owner and RSPCA.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 07:00 PM
He must feel so much better, Steph.

Bless his little old heart
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks folks......he's busy with a chew hide at the moment and making alot of noise with it.........Bless him.

Bruce it looking to see if his is bigger or smaller Well the BOSS can not be expected to have a smaller one than the guest can he

I have put a update on the other post as we have had another visit from the RSPCA......have to say they have been brill very horough, I'm impressed, and I had given a statement.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >