View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 10:51 AM

Any good dog friendly beaches in South Yorkshire/Lincs???

Hi Guys Just wondering if anyone can recommend some good beaches that are dog friendly travelling from South Yorkshire Don't mind travelling up to about 1.5hrs. We are really eager to take ours to the beach but aren't certain which are the most suitable. Any suggestions would be greatfully received, thanks
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I don't think you will find any beaches in "South" Yorkshire, Lincs maybe and definately East Yorkshire.

Depends where you are travelling from, but I find Easington a decent place to take dogs, it is not a seaside place, all there is is the beach but you can take dogs on it all year round. When the tide is out there is a huge expanse of hard sand to walk on and you can walk for miles either way. The best way to go is towards Spurn, then it doesn't matter if the tide come in. I often go there - not so good when there is a fishing match on though - the fishermen don't seem to appreciate my dog peeing in their sandwiches!!. (I beat a hasty retreat that day!)
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Cheers for that. I meant to say we will be travelling from South Yorkshire so anywhere up to about 1.5hrs away would be good
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Try this http://www.goodbeachguide.co.uk/
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks for that
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2006, 05:16 PM
We've been to Bridlington a couple of times with the dogs. It's a really dog-friendly place, and although you can't take dogs on part of the beach, there's loads of beach that you can take the dogs onto, including the rocky parts and rock pools. There's also loads of dog-friendly accommodation in Brid.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks, looked on the site for it but got put off as it said no dogs at this time of year. But if there is a bit dogs can go on that is great.
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2006, 04:58 PM
there are parts of the beach which are closed to dogs in the summer, but there's loads which is open. (try the north bay area) The parts which are open to dogs are the best anyway, because they tend to be the least busy.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for that, hope to go to one later this week will let you all know how we get on
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Home sweet home...Redcar. Can't take the dogs down the middle of the beach but towards our end there are sand dunes and huge expanses of beach along with a bridleway that leads along the back of the dunes. Can walk for miles with them at all times of the year.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >