Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 05:44 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Friday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Friday at last and I'm looking forward to a nice, restful week-end with Dave. He'll be knocking out the big triple glass door effect going into the lounge, and hopefully, getting that tv up on the wall and the fire in underneath, whilst I'll be busy cleaning the van, but that's good, that's all normal stuff, what I don't want is any stress, that'll be good enough for me. Hope you have a lot better than this planned for your week-end though.

I think everyone is ok today, but I've had so much whizzing around in my head, that I really can't remember, so apologies for anybody who is suffering, or has a sick doggy.

Lynn, good luck with the viewings this week-end, if the sun's shining,I'm sure there will be some, but you only need that "one" don'tcha.

I'm going up the top today, the mud will have dried up with all that wind yesterday. Then I'm off to van no. 2 to collect the rent for next week, then Dunelms to get Dave some extra warm bedding cos he's freezing up there in his caravan, and on the way home I'm going to look at that sofa again. I'm going to take 2 cushions which are different shades of my colour scheme, so if this sofa is a totally different beige/cream/brown, then it's a no goer, but it would be fantastic if it's just the right one!

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll catch you later when I'm back from my walk, but if I'm in a rush, please excuse me, and I'll be back lunchtime.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Morning Helena, Morning all,

Lovely morning here, taking the car to work today, want to get home earlier, I'm shattered and needing the break.

Looking forward to the weekend and not having to get up in the morning. I have got a wee bit planned, ironing pile for a start.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 05:57 AM
Morning Lorraine, glad to hear you've got "a wee bit planned" cos you wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you didn't, but make sure you don't extend that wee bit to a full blown work schedule, you need a break, so enjoy your week-end.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2013, 06:00 AM

Just "signing in" after about three hours sleep - had to do the Bonus Day fred reminder - kept worrying I would forget.

Think Pereg is OK but not sure.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Morning H, Lore and all

Not much happening here, working this afternoon and all weekend.

I managed to cut cousins grass in the front garden yesterday and we got his bed back to the nursing home. It does pay to be a hoarder as I had kept the original plastic which the bed came in and even though we came through heavy showers the bed stayed dry on the trailer. He was so excited about it he threw himself on it when we had it in place! We have also found our workmen to re-board and plaster the ceilings so that is the relief!

Fiji hasn't been sick again so far but I am keeping a record as this is unusual for her. It is unlikely be due to the missing tea towel as she is rarely in the kitchen with the naughty ones.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Just "signing in" after about three hours sleep - had to do the Bonus Day fred reminder - kept worrying I would forget.

Think Pereg is OK but not sure.
Morning grandma, glad you got a bit of sleep, and glad to hear Pereg seems to be ok, I hope she's now over it all.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H, Lore and all

Not much happening here, working this afternoon and all weekend.

I managed to cut cousins grass in the front garden yesterday and we got his bed back to the nursing home. It does pay to be a hoarder as I had kept the original plastic which the bed came in and even though we came through heavy showers the bed stayed dry on the trailer. He was so excited about it he threw himself on it when we had it in place! We have also found our workmen to re-board and plaster the ceilings so that is the relief!

Fiji hasn't been sick again so far but I am keeping a record as this is unusual for her. It is unlikely be due to the missing tea towel as she is rarely in the kitchen with the naughty ones.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Morning Gerry, oh I had to laugh at your cousin throwing himself onto that mattress there!! At least he's got the energy to do it which means he's on the mend which is good news. Good luck with the celing,we've now finished with all that side of things thank goodness.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Morning Helena. I am glad to be reading it will be a normal day today for you. Fingers crossed. Still a busy weekend though so not relaxing the body but as long as yours and Dave's minds get a rest that will be good.
Lorraine I am not surprised you are shattered so try to make sure you get that restful weekend. Small ironing pile is ok.
We don't want you burning yourself out. I hope things are going well with your mum.

Weather bit dull here but at least that dratted wind seems to of disappeared.
Well the usual again today walking Dillon and housework. Gorden did sofa duty last night and said Dillon didn't nibble at his paw at all but he did sleep outside all night in the garden which is ok if one of us is on the sofa but not if we are upstairs in bed.
We have 6ft fences all round and a lock on the back gate and we know they are difficult to scale as Michael turned up home once and didn't have keys and had difficulty scaling the fence and he was at the time was at the gym twice a week and running so fit and agile but I wouldn't sleep properly nor would Gorden and I don't think we would feel happy leaving one of the french doors open all night for him to wander in and out. We didn't think it was hot in here the heating was off all night.

Jackie I hope Millie continues to improve.
Pat I hope you have a less Helena type of day today.
Malka I hope you had a restful night with Pereg.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning all Dogsey Peops

Friday at last and I'm looking forward to a nice, restful week-end with Dave. He'll be knocking out the big triple glass door effect going into the lounge, and hopefully, getting that tv up on the wall and the fire in underneath, whilst I'll be busy cleaning the van, but that's good, that's all normal stuff, what I don't want is any stress, that'll be good enough for me. Hope you have a lot better than this planned for your week-end though.

I think everyone is ok today, but I've had so much whizzing around in my head, that I really can't remember, so apologies for anybody who is suffering, or has a sick doggy.

Lynn, good luck with the viewings this week-end, if the sun's shining,I'm sure there will be some, but you only need that "one" don'tcha.

I'm going up the top today, the mud will have dried up with all that wind yesterday. Then I'm off to van no. 2 to collect the rent for next week, then Dunelms to get Dave some extra warm bedding cos he's freezing up there in his caravan, and on the way home I'm going to look at that sofa again. I'm going to take 2 cushions which are different shades of my colour scheme, so if this sofa is a totally different beige/cream/brown, then it's a no goer, but it would be fantastic if it's just the right one!

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll catch you later when I'm back from my walk, but if I'm in a rush, please excuse me, and I'll be back lunchtime.
Hi I think its going to be abeautiful day,will enjoy it once I have been to the hospital,to check my dressing,hopefully they may take if off,its funny my stepdaughter had an injection in the same area when having the baby,butdont recallany dressings an Epidural. Oh well crystalgirl
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Good morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - Enjoy your walk 'up high' with Zena, hopefully it will be a dry walk for you. It will be interesting to see what you think of the sofa seeing it for a second time - it can be surprising how things don't always look the same as you remember them.

Lore - I hope your day is an easy one and you do manage an early finish today for your well needed weekend.

Malka - Good news that Pereg is OK now.

Gerry - The delight of your cousin seeing his new bed must have been very 'touching' for you and made all the effort worthwhile. I do hope Fiji is OK - strange this intermittent sickness.

Lynn - That is amazing that Dillon chose to sleep outside all night. He perhaps won't this evening as I think we're all in for a bitter one. Enjoy your walk.

Well I was up at 6.50 and went out in the garden with the dogs which is a necessity here to make sure there are no ducks on the lawn - there weren't. Unfortunately I then had to wash some trousers in our en-suite bathroom - Flashes, not mine . I did have the courtesy to bleach the bath and leave the window open in there before my OH wakes up So a slightly delayed morning here. Off to buy a paper before walking the dogs. See you all later.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lorraine, glad to hear you've got "a wee bit planned" cos you wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you didn't, but make sure you don't extend that wee bit to a full blown work schedule, you need a break, so enjoy your week-end.
Hey Helena, I think you are the same,you too need a break,slowdown girl crystalgirl
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »