Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 08:37 PM

Lady with 7 Border Collies

Well someone recently asked 'do you think your dogs recognise thier own breed' well have to definately say yes after today.
Patrick and I have just been laughing about it (yes Patrick has woken up now)
Today we met up with Queenwillow (Tracey) and her Oh Dean, as usual we did our marathon trek with 5 Border Collies, when we got back to where the cars were parked we decided to have a pint....or two in Tracey's case A lady pulled up in a large van, and 7 beautiful Border Collies got out. All of our 5 made a mad dash towards them, Bruce falling over himself (as usual) but the lady took no notice. Tracey told me that they had seen her before with them, but she won't speak (said Tracey) Now here's me thinking 'Oh! have to speak to her, must get a BC fix', so eventually she comes back, Bruce runs over and I jumped up to ''''pretend'''' to get him .....sorta making her think Bruce's has no re-call qualities...you know what I mean, anything just to get a closer look at her beautiful dogs......when I got there Bruce was trying to get into her van Bless...think he'd spotted a good looking Tri female So I laughed and said...Oh sorry............before I could say another word....she completely blanked me shut the back of the van and drove off

Well I walked back to Tracey Dean and Patrick........

'She blanked me'...I said

'Told ya'.........Tracey said

'I tried to make out Bruce is hopeless at re-calls, even said sorry to her'

'All those Bc's I think are from a training class that she goes to...they are all highly obedient'....say's Tracey

and there's me trying to make out my dog was rubbish at re-call No wonder she wouldn't give him the time of day...let alone me
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Whoops.

How sad she couldn't spare the time just to smile and say hello.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Shame she couldn't say hello. She couldn't be deaf by any chance, could she?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Thats rather rude, would it crack her face to raise a smile?...Now, if Brucie was trying to get in my van though, I would shut the door, with him inside
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:27 AM
She's sounds to be quite a rude lady. At least you tried though, nobody can ask for more than that.

Heidi
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Whoops.

How sad she couldn't spare the time just to smile and say hello.
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Shame she couldn't say hello. She couldn't be deaf by any chance, could she?
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Thats rather rude, would it crack her face to raise a smile?...Now, if Brucie was trying to get in my van though, I would shut the door, with him inside
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
She's sounds to be quite a rude lady. At least you tried though, nobody can ask for more than that.

Heidi
Spoke to someone else since who knew who I was on about.....MY her BC's were beautiful you know xxxxx

Anyway this person tells me that she is 'rather posh' and only has time for her dogs or the circle of friends she has......and that she feels her dogs are rather well trained to standard.
Poor Bruce he didn't stand a chance then....neither did I.....I only wanted to compliment her on them Oh well......
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2008, 12:42 PM
The Orkney Agricultural Society holds the County Show every year, and tries to have a "main attraction" each time. A few years back, it was a chap from Inverness (or thereabouts) who did a display with 24 (yes, twenty-four) Border Collies - each with it's own set of whistles!

I heard one spectator come out with "Well, ye can see hoo he diz sae weel wi the sheep - the dogs ootnumber them!"

It was quite spectacular. The day was "iced" by the result of the dog show - My Kali took a 3rd (his second-ever rosette) - in fact, over the years, he has been placed 5 times at County level (never a 1st, though )

Snorri
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Snorri, you have to admire that 24......

Have to say I get chuffed with myself handling 3.

I suppose it's a common mistake that one makes......always feel that anyone with BC's must want to chat...... Love to see 24 controlled at once though...wonderful expererience
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 01:24 PM
By the way Snorri............well done to Kali. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
By the way Snorri............well done to Kali. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you - he appreciates that kind of remark!

His last appearance at the County Show was not as happy, though. I was kneeling beside him, giving him a last dust-down, when the judge came along - "How old is this dog?" she asked. I replied that he was 10.
"So he's 'Old Blue Eyes', is he?", she remarked, then she ignored him and moved on to the next dog. I was somewhat annoyed, not because he wasn't placed (I hadn't expected it, at his age), but because she hadn't even looked!

Kali was used to Shows by this time ("This is where we walk about in a circle, then someone comes and gives me a ribbon!") and, evidently, had his own expectations, because he looked so dejected, as if he thought he'd done something wrong - so I took him along the showground and bought him a burger. As he ate it (with evident enjoyment), Mrs S and I decided it was time for him to retire, so now he goes only as a spectator. I can almost hear him thinking...."I did that much better, in my day!" - as he did, of course

Snorri
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >