register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you happy with our new Govt?
Yes - it seems to have turned out much better than I originally thought possible 13 16.88%
Yes - I'm fairly happy with how it's turned out 12 15.58%
Yes - I'm moderately happy 6 7.79%
Neutral - not bothered either way 2 2.60%
No - I'm slightly disappointed 3 3.90%
No - I'm a fair bit unhappy 11 14.29%
No - I'm very upset at how it turned out 30 38.96%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
I wholeheartely agree with this.

A lot of people who voted have never lived [and by lived i mean had a house, job etc] through a tory government and it scares me.

As we are now 5 months in has anybody changed their mind for better or worse?
Indeed not....but we have now lived through a labour one and found ourselves in a lot of trouble as a country.....

The Cuts will come...the Taxes will rise.....but everything has got to be paid for somehow. As a self employed single person I expect going is going to be very tough....
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:21 AM

A lot of people who voted have never lived [and by lived i mean had a house, job etc] through a tory government and it scares me.

A lot of people who voted have never worked---so can't be considered 'working class'.

What is 'working class' Is it how much you earn or your attitude to life----how 'working class is Preston the peer? Tony Blair whose kids went to the best schools---not the most local----- and who managed to gert a load of people killed in an unpopular and unjustified war. Playing soldiers and going for glory.

This government have been in 5 mths and have said they will target benefits---and everyone is up in arms despite previously moaning about benefit cheats. Then saying that 40,000 a year is not enough to live on!!

Its ridiculous.

rune
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

I wonder how the labours feel now though as most of you were fighting for the ''people' and the middle class are the ones taking the hit, feel better?
The news about the middle classes losing their child benefit masked a lot of other less palatable new policies. Like all the disabled being re-assessed. Like the huge planned cuts. But hey, never mind all that - let`s feel happy about little Sebastian`s Trust fund being a few k less, hey?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
No - its back to 80`s, any time now. Don`t get sick, don`t get old, don`t get poor. I have a terrible feeling of deja vue....
Unless you are in Scotland where old people care is paid for or Wales where prescription charges are payed!

Me I'd vote for an independant Cornwall-----I think at the moment our average salery is around 15,000 a year and our average house price is one of the highest in the country----all achieved under labour who have no idea about rural areas.

rune
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Working class to me is ''someone who has to work to pay the bills''

they do not have another income.

People who live off benefits as a way of life are scroungers.
and all should be deported to live on some horrible island. lol.

I DO NOT include genuine people who are disabled or poorly etc.

Indeed not....but we have now lived through a labour one and found ourselves in a lot of trouble as a country.....

I have lived through both and under labour i never had it so good.

low interest rates
better schools
better policing
etc etc etc

I CAN ONLY COMMENT ON MY OWN CIRCUMSTANCES SO PLEASE DON'T GET ANNOYED . FOR ME I HAD A LOT MORE MONEY IN MY POCKET THAN WHEN MAGGIE WAS IN CHARGE AND DONT KNOW ANYONE WHO IS UNNEMPLOYED.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:33 AM

low interest rates
better schools
better policing
etc etc etc

I CAN ONLY COMMENT ON MY OWN CIRCUMSTANCES SO PLEASE DON'T GET ANNOYED . FOR ME I HAD A LOT MORE MONEY IN MY POCKET THAN WHEN MAGGIE WAS IN CHARGE AND DONT KNOW ANYONE WHO IS UNNEMPLOYED.
- not getting annoyed.....and I agree - life has never been so....dare I say 'easy'?...but at what price?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2010, 08:34 AM

Why would it scare you?

Thats life I am afraid, there will always be a new generation of voters, no matter the new government that comes into power.

Labour got us into this mess, the new government has to try and sort it out.

Yes more hard times are ahead, debts have to be paid, and those paying it are the same, and will always be the same, those who are working.,

Personally I think, its works better than anyone could have imagined, some of the ideas they are hoping to put in place should have been done yrs ago, benefit fraud and the scrounger element of our society are on a wake up call, and about time too.

Mind I do think who ever came up with the new family allowance idea needs to be sacked, if they where dealing with your money, you would soon lose it, they really did not do their maths on that one!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:35 AM
- not getting annoyed.....and I agree - life has never been so....dare I say 'easy'?...but at what price?

Time will tell I suppose and when it all goes wrong I will blame the tories.

and say it would'nt of happened with labour in charge
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Working class to me is ''someone who has to work to pay the bills''
they do not have another income.

People who live off benefits as a way of life are scroungers.
and all should be deported to live on some horrible island. lol.

I DO NOT include genuine people who are disabled or poorly etc.

[

low interest rates.. which got us into trouble
better schools...when was that ? the new government has only been in power for a few mths, even they could not destroy the schools system in such a short time!

better policing... etc etc etc ...where,see schools above !

Maggie? that was yrs and yrs ago, Labour Tony Blair and Gorden Brown, are the ONLY reason we are in the state we are in now, not PM`s of the past,

I can go back yrs , and remember times, when no one was out of work, life was booming and so on and so on, but going back yrs, we did not have the immigration, the EU , the benefit give away systems we do know.

its not good to look to the past, we dont live in it, we live in the know and hope to improve the future for our children,

We are in a Country that has to many peopel, to easy a benefit system to much of an open door policy , it has to change, the new coalition has to be given a chance, if we dotn agree we can vote then out.

But who are the labourers going to vote in next, have you seen those that make up the cabinet, not a working class element amongst them.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:54 AM

Low interest rates was great for me and my mortgage.

I am paying half the amount than when maggie was in charge and i have double the mortgage.

I only say maggie and yes it was years ago but that was the last time the tories were in charge.

tories unemployment/people losing homes etc etc

labour employed/ low mortgage payments etc etc

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >