Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2013, 10:06 AM

Up all night..

Well Molly decided to practice barking last night

She started at 10pm, after going on and off for a while Dan went downstairs took her in the kitchen and sat for an hour until she calmed down (first thing she did when she got in the kitchen was pee ) so eventually off she went back to bed, by 2am Dan was downstairs on the sofa with her, at 6.30 this morning she finally calmed down and went to bed just in time for us to go to work.....

I have no idea what set her off , we couldn't find anything outside, she has obviously been told off for barking as she pee'd three times in total last night she was so stressed (and we don't shout)

Thankfully I caught the neighbour this morning and they didn't hear a thing
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Aw I hope she's settled now!
Sometimes it's stuff that we don't really take notice of. Ella gets spooked by things and it appears it came out of nowhere but afterwards I realise that somewhere an alarm went off, or someone was throwing fun snaps far down the road (so I didn't hear it at first).
Sometimes I never find out what it was..
Sorry, I'm not so much up to date, is Molly a new dog to you?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2013, 10:25 AM
I have recently heard on another site of a pug that was going crazy barking for no apparent reason, a visitor happened to notice a treat had rolled under something and he couldn't reach it.

I hope your dog settles down, at least it didn't disturb your neighbour.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi I am going through this behaviour at the moment,the only thing I thought is that if my OH is out of sight she becomes anxious if in her mind the pack has split,you see it on wild life programmes with the wolf,if a wolf is left on their own,they will howl continously until the pack returns,so while I am waiting for the results from the vet,leave a radio on with a lot of speech but very little music,and that has helped.Gemini54
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Aw I hope she's settled now!
Sometimes it's stuff that we don't really take notice of. Ella gets spooked by things and it appears it came out of nowhere but afterwards I realise that somewhere an alarm went off, or someone was throwing fun snaps far down the road (so I didn't hear it at first).
Sometimes I never find out what it was..
Sorry, I'm not so much up to date, is Molly a new dog to you?
Hi Florence, yes she is, we will have had her two weeks on Sunday. She is very underweight and has obviously been mistreated, with us she is fine but she doesn't trust anyone else yet (at all!!) We thought it might have been a hedgehog or something because she literally barked every hour or so all night
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi When we got Faye she was exactly like that,we didnt see her tail for months,and all of a sudden,she greeted us one day wagging her tail,I must admit I cried,but we go forward and have a glimmer of hope,then she starts a new behaviour,and we are then dealing with that one,She went training and got her Good Citzenship,but something spooks her and its like snakes and ladders,this time we are having tests so that we can get a behaviourist in.Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Dogs can hear stuff we can't hear. However I am wondering if it might be something like her starting to become really attached to you now and missing you if you are not in the room?

Unless she was barking while you were in the room?

Poor Molly if only they could tell us what their former life experiences had been eh?

I put Bella outside for barking last night because I was on a long phone call to my daughter in the UK. I thought she was just 'acting up' on account of me ignoring her to talk. It was about time for her to go out but she doesn't pee by the clock really. When I went to bed she'd peed on my bedside rug so she obviously WAS barking for something after all! lol!

*shame she refuses to pee on her precious verandahs tho!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2013, 12:15 PM
She still barked when we where with her, something really spooked her last night just wish I knew what is was so it doesn't happen again

I never realised just how quiet Ima is
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2013, 12:41 PM
There is a fox that often comes into our garden, all 4 dogs bark, it is the same when next door's sits on the fence.

Dogs always have a reason when barking we just don't understand what they are saying.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2013, 01:22 PM
You're right about how quiet our dogs are though. Mabs barked in the house for the first time yesterday, I had left the front door unlocked for Jackie to come in and she walked up to the kitchen doorway, Mabs knows her, but she still barked.
Wondering though, if Molly wee'd when she went on the couch, maybe she wanted to go out like Bella did
May have been an alarm going off somewhere and we can't hear the way they can.
Mind you 2 weeks in - their 'normal' behaviour starts surfacing and they check out what they can and can't get away with.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >