register for free

Dog News

New TV Series Planned

A new TV Series is just about to go into production. It's a weight loss show with a difference, where both owner and dog go through a new regime to help them lead a fitter, healthier life. The producers say they will be setting eight overweight dogs and their overweight owners the ultimate challenge - a life changing fitness regime that forces them to lose weight, together! "As the dog and owner shed the pounds gradually their relationship will grow. There'll be lots of heartwarming moments of human/canine companionship".

Every other weekend the pair will go to the fat dog fitness center - a high tech clinic, gym and training complex set in rolling countryside. Each week they will learn a new activity and face a new challenge. The show also promises to try and get to the heart of the psychological reasons that both the dog and owner are overweight. The series is meant to be fun and informative and the producers hope a life changing experience for everyone involved. The final winners chosen at the end of the 14 weeks will be the pair that has lost the most weight.

The producers hope to have an amazing cast - and have asked us to help spread the word for them. If you know a dog and its owner who fit the bill and the owner is under the age of 45, pass on the contact details below - Rachael would love to speak with them about the possibility of taking part in the programme.
[Edit: please note this show has now been cast]

Your comments and views:
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I was very interested in this when I read the info - I think it's great that a program is going out to achieve a healthier lifestyle not just for the dog but the owner too... I think it will be nice to see the bond between the two grow, and satisfying to see a dog practically help their owners get a new lease of life as well. I wonder if any of our members will apply to take part? I've started a discussion thread on our forums in case any of you are thinking about it and would like to chat to other members about it. Click here to view it.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
What about those of us who are underweight through shedding so many pounds running around with our dogs? Come on, think of the skinny guy!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
If this programme can encourage owners to look after their pets as well as themselves by watching their weight-im all for it!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top