register for free

Dog News

Three-week old baby dies after dog attack in Sunderland

...has received 15 comments (page 2)
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2015, 04:31 AM
.Dorrit; human error; baby pays price...of course dog gets put down...
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2015, 05:45 AM
Why of course; dog get put down?

The dog could have been placed in kennels and assessed.
The humans involved think that by killing the dog they have solved the problem when in fact the problem in this case was most likely their own stupidity and bad ownership.
They wont be stopped from owning another dog nor will they be stopped from having more children.

These people put ther baby and the dog in mortal danger they are negligent and irresponsible.
These are the types who give the media fuel for the continued rage against dogs.

Until there are tests to determin suitable dog owners and preferably suitable parents these tragedy's will continue to happen.

I have every sympathy for the dog and the child but no whatsoever for the parents .
This 'accident 'should never have happened.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2015, 07:11 AM
Still rules apply and I agree with the rules; a dog that has killed must be put down. And every sympathy for the parents who have lost a tiny baby to a dog. no one deserves that loss. No one and we will never know the entire story eg how stable the dog was. No dog is ever 100% "safe".No rage here by the way and I understand your passion. BUT much as I love my dogs if ever for whatever reason one showed that degree of aggression or attacked or damaged I would not hesitate to have them put down. On this we will of course just agree to differ so over and out for me. Years ago we nearly took in an Irish wolfhound from a shelter. Thankfully the shelter was sensible enough to advise us that this dog had a habit of suddenly attacking and killing smaller critters. We advised that this was a brain flaw and they put the dog down. It had by then suddenly and with no provocation killed a cat there.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2015, 08:25 AM
I don't agree with automatic pts for a dog that killed, I think it must be relatively easy to kill a 3 week old baby, it certainly doesn't need to have been a savage attack. Simple fact is we don't know the facts, we're relying on the unreliable media and that says it all really.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2015, 11:09 PM
I agree with rosebud - if a dog has severely attacked, for safety's sake we should PTS (sad as that is)

Dog ownership tests won't cut it. We have a driving test, but there are many lethal drivers on the road. There are also a myriad of complication with implementing a test
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2015, 01:37 AM
I hate to say but I do believe a dog who has fatally attacked a human needs to be put down. I've seen progression in Sophie. First it was random squirrels, then stray cats, then kittens we tried to adopt, then a small puppy totally unprovoked. Also her odd fits at certain human behavior. We have no young children and can keep her secure from any potential prey. But a dog who has stepped that far needs careful supervision at all times. Not something the average owner would be prepared for. I wouldn't have Sophie euthanized until old age might deem it needed. But if anything happened to me it would have to be done. She is not a stable pup by any means.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top