register for free

Dog News

Police Dog Rescues Deputy After He's Ambushed By 3 Men

A police K-9 came to the rescue of an officer who was being ambushed by three men and the dog most likely saved his life, authorities said today.
More here: http://news.yahoo.com/deputy-ambushe...opstories.html

Your comments and views:
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2015, 08:28 AM
What a beautiful dog, I love malinois, never seen a black one.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2015, 09:33 AM
No where in any accepted KC that I could find is all black or even mostly black an accepted color in the Belgian Malinois. I suspect that is why you've never seen an all black one, because I haven't either. Then again, the dogs head is too broad and he doesn't even look like a Belgian Malinois.

No matter, he's a good dog for coming to the aid of his handler and friend. The loyalty of a dog in the face ief danger can be a great and amazing thing, that dog wasn't thinking about himself at all. Good boy, hope he got a steak or something after that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2015, 09:49 AM
I try not to look at them too much as i would love one, but they would be too much dog for me at my time of life, 10 years ago, maybe. I thought thats why I had never seen a black one, because I wasn't looking!!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2015, 10:06 AM
You're more knowledgeable than me with stuff like breed colors. When you get the time, try and see if you can find that an all black dog is acceptable within the breed. I'd love to be sure. I looked around pretty hard and I couldn't find it. BTW, I like this breed too... But as you said, not the breed for me. Think he'd eat my house... AND my cats. They're too active for me.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2015, 05:13 PM
i'll be speaking to someone in the next week or so who's actually had one,so they'll know.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Good then. I mean it's not a huge deal because a good dog is a good dog... I'd just like to know.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Yeah I'll ask them because I couldn't help myself blurting it out when they said they'd had one in the line of work, so they won't think I've run mad

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top