register for free

Dog News

Want a new job? You could probably earn more walking dogs

Dog walkers earn a fifth more than the average UK salary and only have to work two weeks a month to do so.
Dog walkers charge an average of £11.50 per hour per dog and walk 192 dogs per month, which adds up to annual earnings of £26,496. This is 20pc higher than the national average salary of £22,044.
However, taking other people’s pets for a stroll is not a full time job, as most puppy promenaders walk several dogs at a time and typically take about 13 dogs per day, which means the full month’s work of 192 dogs is completed within 15 days.
Pet owners living in London spend considerably more on their pet’s health, according to research by Direct Line Pet Insurance. Dog walkers in the capital and the South East charge £14 per hour per dog, which would add up to an annual salary of £32,356.
More here..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/j...king-dogs.html

Your comments and views:
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm American. In this town I'd not make a dime. People barely let their dogs off the chains much less properly walk them, the dogs are often like Jade and way too unfriendly to let others walk them, and the owners are unwilling to pay for walks, anyway. Interesting article, though. Very different from here.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2015, 11:01 AM
I don't believe it tbh, 192 dogs divided by 15 days is 12.8 dogs a day. Don't most people want their dog walked 5 days a week, so only working 15 days wouldn't be much use. If they walked 12.8 dogs individually they'd be cream crackered at the end of the day but we all know they walk them in groups, but groups require a van, in fact any dog walker requires a mode of transport for journeys between dogs even if they walk them locally, so take the cost of a van out of the earnings, the cost of running the vehicle, plus fuel, insurance etc for vehicle and dogs. Make allowance for all the people who try not to pay for whatever reason. I personally wouldn't do it.
Jas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Could be a nice bit of extra money each month though. Say you walk two dogs at a time, so one hour a day, five times a week is about £100. That makes £400 a month extra cash in your hand

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top