register for free

Dog News

David Cameron's 'favourite sport' - foxhunting

Ugh. Despicable!

"You told the Countryside Alliance Magazine recently that your favourite sport was fox hunting".
Video here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32371987

Your comments and views:
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2015, 03:27 PM
It appears in the video this politician is trying very hard to evade the subject.

Or, the host of the show is doing his damnest to get a damning confession out of a politician regarding a very sensitive subject .
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Yes we humans sure can do some despicable stuff. like for instance believing the worst of one before even considering the otherside of the story.

And fox hunting as a sport. I don't get it really.
How can a society call that a sport?
Actually hockey or basketball or baseball or soccer or American football or any number of behaviours we call games and/or sports are no longer a sport/game. it's all big business with high paying career positions.
I believe any society that places more emphasis on sports/games over spiritual growth(as opposed to religious rigidity), finding a healthy self sustaining a physical, mental/emotional and spiritual balance of humanity in one's self in congruence with the rest of Creation then that society has already doomed itself to a death that is far more excruciating than the fox
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Its a dispicable sport!
Really hope they dont over turn the ban . Even with a ban the foxhunters still manage to hunt and kill foxes and get away with it .
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2015, 04:31 PM
No wonder really when it's one of the Prime Ministers 'favourite' sports
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Yes we humans sure can do some despicable stuff. like for instance believing the worst of one before even considering the otherside of the story.
The interviewer (Andrew Marr) quoted what Cameron had recently told the Countryside Alliance Magazine - are you saying that Marr was mistaken? If that was the case Cameron could have simply corrected him - but he did not.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Killing another sentient being just for "fun" ... for "sport" is to my mind disgusting, despicable and just downright pointless. Where is the skill in shooting pheasants bred to be shot? How much more skilfull is it to "stalk" a fox with a camera, trying to get close by staying downwind of the fox so he cannot smell you, shooting him with film, not with a gun. There is a wonderful poem I THINK by Walter de la Mere ... i have it saved on my computer, I will try and find it and post it up here;
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Found it ...

"Hi! handsome hunting man
Fire your little gun.
Bang! Now the animal
is dead and dumb and done.
Nevermore to peep again, creep again, leap again,
Eat or sleep or drink again. Oh, what fun!”

Isn't it brilliant? Sums it up nicely.

I have no problem killing for food, should I need to. I had no problem with Hal killing and eating a young leveret, as sad as that was, I had no problem with Ben and Tai catching a squirrel between them and tearing the poor thing apart and each crunching up the bit they had, as horrific as that was. But to kill anything for FUN?? Wtf is that all about? How can that be fun?

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top