register for free

Dog News

Dog owner given lifelong ban after bulldog starved and neglected

A pet owner has been banned from having dogs for life after failing to properly feed his bulldog.

Gary Thomson, 30, pled guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six-year-old Kendra by not providing adequate nutrition and veterinary attention.

Thomson, from Oldmeldrum in Aberdeenshire, was ordered to carry out 180 hours of community service at Aberdeen Sheriff Court on Friday.

Scottish SPCA senior inspector, Alison Simpson, said: “When I first saw Kendra she was enclosed in a high fenced run which had an electric wire around the inner side. The run was covered in old excrement and Kendra's food bowl was empty.

“Kendra was clearly emaciated and had a dry, scruffy coat which was covered in dandruff. Her head was sunken around her eyes and every bone in her body could be felt. She also appeared wobbly on her legs.

“Kendra was found to weigh only 19.7kg when she should have been between 30 and 35kg. After just five weeks in our care, Kendra's weight increased to 27kg.

“We are pleased Thomson has received a life ban on owning dogs following our investigation. Thankfully Kendra made a full recovery in our care and has since found a loving new home.”
Article and [rather distressing] photograph here...

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/303260-p...ulldog-kendra/

Much as I am happy that Kendra has recovered, I am more happy that the person who caused this horror has been been given a life ban on owning dogs.

No comments yet - be the first to comment!

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top