register for free

Dog News

Couple kept Dalmatians starved and tied to a wall

A couple from Telford have been banned from keeping animals for 10 years after RSPCA inspectors found their two Dalmatians starving and tied to a kitchen wall.

Neil Harris, 49, and Julie Harris, 42, from Leadon Close, Little Dawley, appeared at Telford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday. They were found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering and failing to meet the welfare needs of their dogs.

Neil Harris was also given a 150-hour community service order and a 26-week prison sentence, suspended for a year. Julie Harris was given a 12-week prison sentence, suspended for a year. They were each ordered to pay Ł500 in costs and an Ł80 victim surcharge.

Porsha and Enzo were found tied to a kitchen wall by their leads and without bedding to sleep in, this February.

Two-year-old Enzo weighed only 19.2kg - about nine kilos less than an ideal weight for a dog of his type.

Ten-year-old black and white Porsha weighed just 15.8kg.
"It was a very distressing case for everyone involved. These poor dogs were found extremely emaciated and with a number of serious problems.
"I'm glad the magistrates took this case very seriously and this is reflected in the sentencing.
"These dogs are absolutely lovely and are up for rehoming and I just hope they go on to have a very happy, healthy life with new owners that will treat them with the love and respect they so greatly deserve."
– RSPCA inspector Nayman Dunderdale
Article and photographs here...

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2014...ied-to-a-wall/

Why? And why not a permanent ban of owning animals for life?

Your comments and views:
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Yet again another case of punishment not fitting the crime. I get so incensed about this sort of thing. Food doesn't have to cost much to feed a dog. Dreadful in this day and age.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2014, 11:11 AM
They should have a life ban .noway will they look after a dog any better. What scares me Is how are these so called bans are inforsed can move and just get a dog from the paper

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top