register for free

Dog News

Man found guilty of punching puppy

A Shropshire man has been found guilty of punching his girlfriend’s puppy. Matthew Blagborough, 22, of Cardiff, was put before Telford Magistrates where they heard he repeatedly punched the 12 week old Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

The court also heard from a vet who confirmed the injuries sustained were consistent with being punched, and from a group of friends who said they'd witnessed the attack.

Blagborough was convicted of causing suffering to the dog at his girlfriend’s home on 30 January.

The case has now been adjourned until the 20 December for sentence. Blagbourogh has been warned he could face imprisonment.

Well I hope they throw the book at him and his girlfriend has dumped him.

Your comments and views:
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Pitythey can't repeatedly smack him over the head with the book rather than throw it at him.

I pity any woman, child or animal he has access to in the future. People like him very rarely get better.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2011, 03:12 PM
poor puppy. poor girlfriend
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:40 PM
just makes me mad its always a staffie yet they still want to love and people still leave them to face death in the pound...

sick
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Animal abuse is usually a sign of domestic abuse.......thats a proven fact. I hope they are all rid of him.

Poor puppy.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm really horrified to see so many accounts of people beating their dogs. What on earth is wrong with these people, that they abuse innocent animals?

I wish only bad things for them and I hope so much that the dogs end up in wonderful homes.
sueann
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2011, 02:33 AM
we had an appalling case here in Australia where this guy's Golden Retriever got some sort of injury (can't remember what now) but this SOB (the apologies to the lovely Bs out there) didn't want to pay the vet bills so took the dog home and .... ready for this.... beat the Golden to death in his backyard. A Golden!!!! one of the most beautiful dogs God created.
found the link... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-2...et-dog/2806112
PLEASE PLEASE can I beat this guy over the head with a chair leg? please please....I'll pay for the privilege!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I find this so distressing to read. People keep saying Staffies get an unjustified bad press but it just seems to be fact that they appeal to cruel mindless thugs like this one in the article. And also to those who haven't 'thought through' owning a dog - (otherwise why do so many end up in the shelters?)

Obviously you cannot ban a breed on account of the 'type of person' that is attracted to it in large numbers (and yes I DO realise perfectly nice people love Staffies too - but you cannot deny they appeal to this sort of thug)

If I ruled the world I'd made it a law that anyone wanting to own a Staffie had to be vetted themselves. THOROUGHLY. Including their mates, their girlfriends or partners.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top