register for free

Dog News

Man filmed hitting dog says he should be compensated for “invasion of privacy”

The man who was filmed hitting and swearing at his 18-month-old Staffordshire bull terrier, Butch, has apologised but believes he should be compensated for “an invasion of privacy”, after the footage was posted on a social networking site by the neighbour who filmed him. The footage caused outrage, resulting in a furious mob turning up at his house in Grimsby. He and his family were advised to leave their home in Grimsby and now live in Brent Park, London with family.

Read the original story here: http://www.dogsey.com/dog-news.php?t=159717

See the video here (WARNING – contains distressing footage):

Jonathan Bloomfield, a 37-year-old father, told a newspaper that his neighbour, 23-year-old Michael Currie, should have reported any concerns to the RSPCA instead of making and airing the video footage, stating that he should be “compensated for the invasion of privacy which has left my family homeless and denied my young son a better future.”

Referring to a claim in court that he had punched the dog after it bit his three-year-old son over a packet of crisps, Mr Bloomfield said that his crying son was holding out his hand, saying the dog bit him. “I was angry so I went out and bashed him,” he explained. “It is not in my nature to be cruel to animals and I know it was not the best way to go about things but I was upset.”

Mr Bloomfield commented that he was stressed from work and “sick of the dog barking”, something which he said the neighbours complained about. He claimed that the neighbours did not like his family because they are from London.

Mr Bloomfield said that after everything that had happened, and even when his 15 year ban ends, he would never have a dog again.

Your comments and views:
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:41 PM
it doesn't really deserve a comment other than to say this man is an a** and I hope karma gets him
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I know Dani. It's just awful, isn't it?
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Awwww after all that the west highland terrior turned out to be a staffie.This will have such a negative for the breed especially because he has a kid that got bit -.-

I hope the kid was telling the truth and has a concionce.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 08:51 AM
"compensated for the invasion of privacy which has left my family homeless and denied my young son a better future.”

He has brought this on himself. He has made his own family homeless by his actions. As for the dog biting the kid, where were the parents when this happened. Sounds like he's making excusers to try and justify his behaviour and actions towards the dog. He’s clearly wallowing in his own self-pity. No sympathy whatsoever here for him.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Where in Brent Park?
kitkatkathy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-11-2011, 01:13 PM
That's really cruel, but I do hope the son was telling the truth! but then even if the story was true, hitting your dog like that is way OTT and wrong.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Claire - If you find out then please let me know, I'll come with you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 05:16 PM
The whole world has gone mad imo!!! Karma, that'll do it!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Excuse after excuse, when basically he is just a poor excuse of a man who hits a dog because he can. I bet it was not the first time. I can't watch the vid by the way ...

Wys
x

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top