register for free

Dog News

Golden Labrador kicked and punched in park

A man who was seen punching and kicking his dog is being hunted by police.

The incident, witnessed by two women, took place in Inchyra Park, Grangemouth on Saturday morning. The man was walking the dog, a young Golden Labrador, in the park. When let off the lead, the Labrador ran towards the two women to play with their dogs. A police spokesman said that when the dog failed to come when called, the man marched over to the dog and, grabbing it by the scruff of its neck, pinned it to the ground by kneeling on its shoulder. He then proceeded to punch the dog on the face and muzzle before kicking it in the stomach. When the women shouted at him to stop, he picked up the Laborador and walked away towards Westerfield Road.

Believed to be local, the man was described as being in his 40s or 50s, about 5ft 8in tall with a stocky build and short, dark hair which is greying and receding at the crown. He was dressed in a black jacket with a grey collar and thin, grey horizontal stripe, and black trousers.

Central Scotland Police are asking anyone with infomration about the attack to contact them on: 01786 456000

Your comments and views:
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I hope that they can decide whether or not this was a Golden Retriever or a Yellow Labrador.

Then I hope they find the guy and he is prosecuted.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 04:38 PM
there is a photo of this on [a social network] gong round so hopefully they will catch this awful man
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Hope he is found and prosecuted.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 10:25 AM
It was actually a friend of mine who rang the police and witnessed this.
I've sent her a message asking for permission to post on here what she posted on F B along with the original details of what happened.
samson13
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-10-2011, 10:29 AM
I don't like vigilanties but would cheerfully dole out the same medicine to this pathetic being !
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Just spoken to my friend Linda who witnesses the beating took photo's and rang the police.
She was asked by Central Scottish Police to remove the photo from her wall.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for that update Morganstar. It's a shame they told her to remove the photos but at least they know what he looked like. Your friend must have been shocked to see this.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I've asked her to join on here and explain what happened she was scared for the safety of her welsh.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Morganstar; any updates? Did they find the guy? You'd think in the smallish area and with a photo they would....poor dog
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top