Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2020, 08:14 AM

Daily Thread, Monday. 13th January, 2020

Good Morning everyone, I trust you are all in fine fettle and those not, recovering nicely. Have a good da\y, wrap up warm , mind the wind and stay safe and well.

I trust all our four legged friends are also well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Nice day down here. Taking my car into the dealer to have the sat nav updated. As it is free why they couldn't tell you it needed doing when being serviced is anyones guess. So taking a book ready to sit around doing nothing for a couple of hours.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2020, 09:07 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Nice Ish day here to.

So we have not responded to the phone scam re: the tax people still waiting to be arrested.
Not responded to the Amazon scam.
So now we are getting messages our card has been used in the last 15 mins please press 1 now. Yeah right of course we will.
Our bank will text checking we have use the card on anything out of character. Plus checked the account all is good.
They all show up international number on the caller ID.

Off to Michael and Margaret's in a bit Gorden is going to set up his new hub. They are treating us to lunch.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends re well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2020, 09:19 AM
Lynn, you'll be in good company as I am also waiting to be arrested. Not a very pleasant scam at all, think its awful.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2020, 10:53 AM
Good Morning all.

Been so busy sorry for my absence have reconfigured my kitchen units and had a go with the circular saw for cutting worktops. Catching up with people and basically busy. Hope life is treating you all well and no one is arrested before lunch. LOL

Watching the news of the fires in Australia and so sad and must be frightening for everyone. My Aunt is a member of the WI and they are knitting jackets/various items for Kola Bears, they often knit for battery hens as they have no feathers when rescued.

Have a good day all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2020, 11:25 AM
Aw Kazz such a kind thing to do. Just hung up another coconut shell with fat in for the birds. They aren't silly. I hung it in a different place and yep down already. Have a good day all.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2020, 12:19 PM
Sue just rang to say the Honda garage internet has a slow download for the new sat nav update. Oh well I said see you this evening then.
With My Nissan the updates can be obtained on a memory card and just inserted in the slot, so easy ,this should be the same for all sat nav car systems
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Good afternoon all.

Not a bad day here, but blooming cold. Had to use a new cafe this morning as ours is closed for the week for a deep clean. The cafe we found isn't bad. A couple of quid more expensive, but the coffee was like dishwater. At £1.40 a cup, they could do a lot better. Breakfast was decent though so we might use again this week but not have a drink with it

The even sadder part of the bush fires in Australia is that a lot have been set deliberately. What a terrible, despicable thing to do
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The even sadder part of the bush fires in Australia is that a lot have been set deliberately. What a terrible, despicable thing to do
Good Lord I did not realise that...……….appalling behaviour in an already desperate situation.

Chris have you always lived by the sea. I often think my dream is to live by the sea just the sound of it is lovely
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Oh by the way I have in the last two weeks become a fan of my slow cooker never used it before but really enjoying it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >