Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2020, 07:31 AM

Daily Chat Thursday 9th January

Good morning everyone

Wet and windy out there. Up early again as son at work. He was very late last night as the main road A27 was closed at Falmer and the diversion didn't seem to show the alternative route clearly and he ended up going round in circles. Eventually he listened to me to head to Brighton sea front and then take the alternative route to Eastbourne. More road works are apparently planned but to shut roads from 8.00pm seems stupid. We also have a road closure planned near us and as he has to leave at 5.30am and the road is closed until 6,00 am I will have to show him an alternative route where road conditions are not good as very narrow.

Nothing planned so going to take it easy as have only had 2 hours sleep

Hope all are well or improving.

Have a good day
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2020, 09:57 AM
Not sure if it makes any difference Sue but there are road works at the Norfolk Bridge in Shoreham/Lancing which is making road users very late in travelling. Drizzly rain here and very wet underfoot. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2020, 10:18 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.
Rained an awful lot through the night here but thankfully not this morning.
It is very windy though.

Over to Beth's tonight they have parents evening for George so I shall go over and sit with Phoebe for a while.
Taking my book Beth recommended and she bought for Gorden for christmas which I am borrowing.
The salt path by Raynor Wynn. True story and sad.
Hooked already only started it yesterday.

Gosh sue what a nightmare it's like round here shutting the main( A ) roads like you say from 8.00pm to 6.AM, do they honestly think people do not do shift work ?
Like you the back roads are not for the faint hearted in the bad weather and dark.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2020, 01:27 PM
Good afternoon from a very 'bracing' but dry Skeggie. Very soggy underfoot though.

Well, our new system at the doctor's (askmygp) brought in on the 2nd of January has been abandoned this morning and we are back to booking appointments by 'phone/in person/by internet. Talk about giving something a chance and instead reinventing the broken wheel.

I've bitten the bullet and ordered a dog pram. It'll rarely ever be used, but hot days worry me even though we mostly try to keep to the shade. I've also ordered 2 fans to go with it. I'll let you know how that goes if we ever need to use it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2020, 02:00 PM
Afternoon all
Nipped into town, trying to get my dad's xjs gear knob retrimmed...not going well, a mate asked the trimmer at work as a favour...mates rates, £70!! Reckons it would be £210 usually...that's a no then!