Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 07:17 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, February 3

Good Morning everyone, slept like a log last night going to bed late. I am glad I have my virgin mail back. Just hate being let down on e-mail it's like having my right arm cut off.

Hope everyone is ok today. I think it may just be beginning to get lighter of a morning at long last. Must get Amber out in a little while.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Glad you had a better night.
Bright and dry here again hoping it stays that way.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Morning all. At long last websites seem to be working properly. Did you know it is tinnitus week. I am sure the weather has a baring on it. Maybe stress because it is so wet? Anyway the sun is shining this morning, at least it is here and it is lovely and warm behind the window. Hope it lasts and we don't get any more rain. Going to watch the second part of Slient Witness in a while so don't give the game away. Have a good day everyone. ttfn.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Hello all, a lovely bright day again but oh so cold
Moyra the problem is we soon alter the clocks and then it will be dark in the mornings again for a while.
Morning Lynn, sounds like you have the same weather as us
Morning Brenda, I was reading about Tinnitis week yesterday. There is some gadget thing you can get now that is supposed to help stop it. Can't remember what it's called now
I hope you all stay safe and above all warm today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Good morning Myra, Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Enjoy your catchup Brenda. I still have Call the Midwife to watch. OH can't stand anything medical so we watched `Vera instead. Hope your noise quietens as the day goes on.

At last everything is back to normal on t'internet. I was speaking to my son on Skype yesterday afternoon and he was sending me links to sites which would not open now I know why but Skype didn't go down funny that.

Sun shinning at the moment and just having a quick coffee before heading into the garden to bury a plant that I bought a couple of weeks ago so hopefully the forecast is right and it is warming up a bit for the weekend

Have a good day and stay safe.

Ohh you snuck in there Nippy so good morning to you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Very heavy rain overnight so everywhere soggy, first time for a few days so I can live with it.
Its been very noisy for me too, Brenda, so maybe it is atmospheric in some way. A bit wearing but nothing I can do, would like to know the name of this thing that helps
Need to get a move on as girls need to get out, its dry now, heavy rain expected tomorrow, and up to now I've got visitors, but apparently that may change, will have to see what the day brings
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Here you are TW, I can't vouch for it and I see its an American company.
If you google it you might find somewhere in the UK.

http://www.antinitus.com/product/patch/
Ooops no, a Swedish company!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2016, 11:08 AM
it is most likely a white noise generator, see how this makes you feel
http://www.virtualdreamer.com/tinnit...free99abba.mp3
you can get pillows with a speaker in so you could just download the track to your ipod/mp3 player..or to cd and connect it to the pillow speaker. I do have tinnitus, am deaf in one ear and partially deaf in the other but i must say at the moment although i can hear the tinnitus it doesn't drive me mad....i do have to ask quite often if something was a real noise or was it in my head ...if i start hearing voices then i will worry Lol
Moyra, pleased you had a good nights sleep, maybe you need to start having some later nights?
i am very pleased that everyones technology is deciding to behave today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Morning to everyone that has followed. Sounds like most of us are having a bright day except June.
My dad had tinnitus. He use to listen to the radio slightly out of tune. Seemed to work for him.

If your still interested I got the gossip this morning on the police van parked outside our house Sunday and the police car parked outside the pub.
Seems the landlord had been hitting his wife apparently not a new thing a customer must of witnessed it and reported it everyone must of got chucked out the pub closed and when the police turned up no one answered. So they turned up again Sunday and managed to get an answer he of course denied it and she wouldn't say anything to implicate him.
Seems he is often at it and drunk and drugs have been known to go on in there. He lost his licence due to the problems and she now has her name over the door. When you go in there you can tell she is very much under his thumb and he really rules the roost.
There a few village stories about his turning nasty and some newspaper stories to corroborate it too.
Makes you wonder why the brewery still employ them ? It is a dingy place and I am sure cannot make much money but with a facelift I bet it would pull in the punters.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Hi Lynn, thanks for the update on the pub, it's shocking but just goes to show that this still goes on. In fact with the general reduction in society values and the awful scenes we see on TV I am surprised there isn't more.

As you said to me recently reading any newspapers is so demoralising that I've given up, just want to bury my head in the sand

Just noticed a guy in a hoody standing on the corner opposite our house, I think (hope) he's just waiting for a lift, Casey went down to the gate and started barking at him, he immediately moved a few yards further down
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >