Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 06:59 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, January 19

Good morning everyone, Oh boy it is cold and dark. Amber's eating her breakfast, hope she wont be in a hurry to go out yet.

Griff, I have thought about getting an electric blanket but feel safer putting an extra duvet or blanket on. Hope your dad changes his mind about taking you to dog training, it is quite a struggle for you on your own. I know I find it hard with one dog yet alone two. Hope your arm is better today.

Lynn, glad you got your car back ok yesterday.

I hope everyone is ok this morning, Mandy commiseration on going back to work.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Well have walked Amber and the ground is frozen solid, white everywhere, still I guess it is better than snow. Glad to get back in to warm up again. Would like to go back to bed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very cold here too Moyra and the ground is frozen hard. I still have the joy of wrapping up warm and walking Dillon in the next 1hr or so.

Just seen Gorden off to London only 4 days and 3 nights this week. No jobs this way so far . Plenty of what he does elsewhere but just as far to travel and one in Newham so point on leaving where he is to move a mile or two across London for the same job. He is at least happy where he is.

Hope the arm is feeling better today griff.
Also your back June after it got twanged yesterday.
Horrible going back to work Mandy.

Hope everyone and all doglets are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Griff to keep warm in bed wear a thermal vest. My daughter said it keeps her warm. Morning all. Off to go shopping soon so just popped in to say hi.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Hope your back is ok today June and your arm is better too Griff.

Yes it is freezing out there. Not much fun taking gloves off and waiting for her ladyship to finish her business so I can pick it up!
Not meant to warm up much today either but at lest it is dry and the sun is shinning.

Have a good day, stay safe and above all warm.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Oh Sue I thought I was the only one to juggle with gloves. Pleased to hear that I am not the only one. lol!! After I get back from shopping I am off to see a lady with a dog that she has problems with. Hope it is easily sorted but I don't somehow think so after listening to her when she phoned last evening. Wish me luck peeps.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Satnav .
I have a little Satnav, it sits there in my car. A Satnav is a driver's friend it tells you where you are. I have a little Satnav, I've had it all my life. It's better than the normal ones, my Satnav is my wife.
It gives me full instructions, especially how to drive "It's sixty miles an hour", it says, "You're doing sixty five". It tells me when to stop and start, and when to use the brake And tells me that it's never ever, safe to overtake.
It tells me when a light is red, and when it goes to green It seems to know instinctively, just when to intervene. It lists the vehicles just in front, and all those to the rear. And taking this into account, it specifies my gear.
I'm sure no other driver, has so helpful a device. For when we leave and lock the car, it still gives its advice. It fills me up with counselling, each journey's pretty fraught. So why don't I exchange it, and get a quieter sort?
Ah well, you see, it cleans the house, makes sure I'm properly fed. It washes all my shirts and things, and keeps me warm in bed!
Despite all these advantages, and my tendency to scoff, I only wish that now and then, I could turn the bugger off.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 10:23 AM
I think you're on Silent Meals with some Cold Shoulder for a while after that one T'Weed
No frost here and its not bad at all. Switched girls heat lamps off when I went out to hand brekkies out and tidy up. Was amazed to see the temps predicted for SE when I saw the weather last night, its usually cold here and warm there.I've got the fire downstairs under my bedroom and it warms the room and chimney breast so I'm not really cold in bed,plus I have been putting a hot water bottle on my back seemingly forever now and I am too warm sometimes. Living in a mid terrace has its advantages because the houses either side keep me warm as well.
Brenda, hope you can help the lady who rang you, will she come to training classes as well once you've guided her through the hard bits
Bone run today, son is coming to put a floor light together that some friends bought me the Christmas before last and he's been promising to do it since
I've still got the shavings in the car from yesterday as I didn't want to finish myself off unloading them last night.
Will leave them outside my back gate and then do them whilst son is busy with the lights. Everyday I am opening a bag of coal, tipping some in the bucket and the remainder in the coal bunker. Got 3 sacks left now and bunker now nearly full again. Doing that is quite enough without shavings to contend with as well. I would have been able to do the entire lot in half an hour at one time, but back says Don't You Dare.
Hope today is better for you Mandy, horrid coming back from lying in the sun to work and cold weather
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Morning all
Moyra, yes i do worry about frying in bed Lol
Brenda, hope the problems aren't as bad as you think
Sue, do you wear leather gloves? they are much better for being able to pick things up...i got a cheap pair from primark for being out with the dogs
Lynn, fingers crossed at some point Gorden will find a job nearer to home...better for the both of you
Tumbleweed...hope you can run quick Lol
TW, you are wise to do a little at a time...if you knacker your back you aren't any good to anyone
Shoulder is a bit sore today, to be honest i don't want any help from my dad...i am sick to death of him, he thinks he knows best about everything and in particular the dogs...he is absolutely clueless, i truly think if i didn't speak to him again i doubt i would be bothered. I will do my best to manage to get to training by bus, if not it will be a taxi...that is why i will only go twice a month
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Phew another job off my list Dillon is insured as from tomorrow with the new company. That means we will not have that worrying 14 day exclusion zone.
Discussed about the hip diagnosis when he was 6 months old and explained that if we were to x-ray him now he may well not have hip dysplasia at all. Due to him being so young and bones not grown yet etc.,
Unfortunately it is on his records along with his elbow dysplasia and distal rotation so those will be excluded. Everything else will be covered up to the !0,000 yearly lifetime cover.
No insistence like the other company you need to inform them you are taking them to to the vet he seemed surprised at that and said if you need to take him to the vet you do it then call us if the vet feels he needs treatment and you need to claim.
Normally you have a yearly check done but it isn't necessary with this company except teeth if you want them to be covered. So may as well get the whole health check done. No need for yearly vaccinations but of course they won't be covered if he had any illness relating to those.

Feeling a bit more settled now as he will be covered once again for a good level of cover for everything else.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »