Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2020, 08:03 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 5th February, 2020

Good morning everyone, Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above everything keep safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Nice to see you posting Harvey and hope all goes well with the next round of chemo

Pleased hubby's stomach has improved Chris and Rosie is on the mend.

Nice day here. Two loads of washing out so hope it will dry at least for ironing. One more bed to strip but will wash that tomorrow.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2020, 12:17 PM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Beautiful sunny warmish day today.
Got all my washing dry yesterday today it is Dillons quilt covers in the wash.
We have our little table and chairs arriving this afternoon, been busy sorting our old pine desk out someone is coming to collect it later for her Grandchildren and we are sorting the van to go back tomorrow.
Well we hope it stays over there tomorrow guy is going to give it a look over where we got it from and make us an offer so we will take the car to just in case we leave it.
We decided we do not use it enough it is either to hot for Dillon and the awning takes an age to put up and take down when we have finished our trip. Dillon gets in the van fine but he struggles to get up on the bed bit now where he settles to travel.
It cost us around £50 a month for it to spend most of its time sitting on the driveway and to be fair rotting. So best to give it up and they will either use the seats in something else or it may well have another a year or two in it for someone to make use of.
We will be sad to see it go.

Chris glad rosie is on the mend and OH to.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Afternoon all.

Lynn great minds Gerts bedding on the line as well a lovely walk since I came home the day is like Spring. Shame about the van but as you say if you hardly use it. Its just taking up space and costing money.

Sue we are becoming washing companions. A new neighbour has moved in by me and said not seen so many people with washing on the line un years almost everyone by me uses the line mind you they moved from a flat.

Moyra Same to you keep well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2020, 03:38 PM
Love line drying me.

Yes we are feeling a bit sad all emptied now and just needs a hoover but we really do not use it enough to warrant the monthly insurance and road tax. Plus it is an L reg and although it passed last years mot no problems due again April it will eventually be to expensive to repair.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Love line drying me.

Yes we are feeling a bit sad all emptied now and just needs a hoover but we really do not use it enough to warrant the monthly insurance and road tax. Plus it is an L reg and although it passed last years mot no problems due again April it will eventually be to expensive to repair.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Well what a day. Gave away our old pine desk which had been stored since we moved here. Lady very pleased she had been asking on the local buy,sell swap site. Her Grandchildren will make good use of it.
Advertised the driveaway awning earlier on same site for sale this time as we only used it once and have someone coming to get it around 5.30.
Our new table and chairs now being put together and hopefully tomorrow the people who sold us the van will give us a reasonable price for it.
So a productive day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2020, 05:21 PM
Good afternoon all.

Nice day out and we've tried a bit more time out of the pram today and she's not only survived it but the limp hasn't returned. Tomorrow will give her the full walk and see how she goes.

Flaming TV has developed a vertical dark line just off centre. Sod's Law, it's 14 months old and the guarantee was 12 months. It's an all singing all dancing one so not best pleased.

Don't have a spare so have ordered a new one that will come on the 17th. Hopefully, this one won't get worse before then. The new one has a 5 year guarantee. As soon as it comes, we'll try out one and only TV repair place for the old one, but I'm not holding my breath because I have a feeling it will be too expensive to bother with.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2020, 05:33 PM
Oh no Chris what a nuisance. I usually find if things are going to break they do it just out of guarantee.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh no Chris what a nuisance. I usually find if things are going to break they do it just out of guarantee.

Yes that's been my experience as well

I feel for you selling the van, I felt the same when I had to sell the Sprinter, I had plans to go touring around the UK maybe even up to Scotland but Alena was not interested so it had to go. It was only five years old and in good nick so someone is driving around in a bargain I couldn't go on long trips now anyway so it was the right decision.

Thanks for all your good wishes yesterday and today, I should be OK until the steroids stop next week sometime

Sue - Not sure if you will see this but can you tell me if you grow gooseberries I do think of you as the 'gardening guru' on this board

Will try to look in tomorrow, bye for now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >