Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2020, 08:03 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 10th January, 2020

Good morning all, trust you are all well and your four legged friends too. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.

Harvey and Griff hope you are both feeling better and Brenda, hope your OH is still on the mend.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2020, 08:38 AM
Morning Moyra and all to come later you sleepy heads. bg!!Thanks Moyra yep mustn't say to much. Hope everyone else is ok including you Moyra. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Yep definitely a sleepy head here It was lovely not to wake up to the alarm. Dull but dry and a lovely day for walking the dog

Hope all are well

Have a good day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2020, 10:44 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Nice bright morning here.

Had a nice catch up with Paul and Beth when they got back from George's open evening. Started to rain hard and fast when I left and I had to drive the back roads well I could of turned round but in Upwell that is difficult enough in daylight so a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea or river or drain in our case literally. Very scary driving along a very deep what we call drain in the fens then onto a windy unlit back fen road with potholes everywhere.
I was glad to get in and safe.

Moyra any luck with an appointment yet ?
griff hope you are feeling better after your pill day.
Sue lovely you got a lie in.
brenda glad things are still going in the right direction.
Harvey hope you are feeling better.
Kazz hope all is well expect you are busy with work.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2020, 11:18 AM
Don't you just love receptionists at surgeries. Especially new ones that don't know what has been going on with the problems you have been having.
Popped into the surgery to see if they had any latest results and little jobsworth in there didn't want to tell me anything but I said that when I had spoken to a receptionist called Helen she knew all about it and then she backed down and said there were no further results yet and to ring back later. She is new and obviously quoting what she had been told to. I did keep my cool. Which is amazing for me especially at the moment. I've been dealing with all this for the last year or more and you would think they would know this by now. Ah well she does now, felt like saying: "Do you know who I am". But I didn't. Have a good day all. Blue and grey sky here but dry. Been to the shops for a breather just to get out. Mind you he is taking walks now regularly round our green just opposite so that is a good sign.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2020, 11:27 AM
No more getting to know people brenda in all walks of life community spirit has disappeared which is very sad.
Your post has just reminded me of Chris's and them abandoning a scheme that had only been up and running for a week or so.
Just seems madness waste of time and money.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2020, 01:00 PM
Lynn, Thanks for asking have just got back from my appointment with the nurse but because I ran out of my pills for regulating my blood pressure it was way high again and she said I must see her when I have been taking them for a couple of weeks so back I go on the 24th January and go for a blood test in March. I shall then have to see the Doc again and I will surprise him and agree to go for the tests he wants me to undergo!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2020, 01:23 PM
Good Luck Moyra lets hope everything goes well for you. It's madness Lynn. You are right.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Good afternoon all. Very cold day, but dry.

I've come to the conclusion that doctors are trying out the euthanasia route. They are making things so difficult now and then when you go to the doctor with high blood pressure readings and he says it's a waste of time because last year's readings were fine and never takes your blood pressure while you are there. Well ..................

The good news is that I pick up their monitor in a couple of weeks which will no doubt be like the one I already have and take a week's worth of readings which I already have because I have my own monitor. You really couldn't write it

Had a Yodel delivery today. Put on the delivery instructions to leave in garage if not in. Put a note on the door to say leaving in garage. The box itself was marked leave in garage. Where do they leave it? On the side path where it can be seen by anyone walking past. Oh well. At least we have it now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Afternoon all, I am doing o.k thanks, I just feel a bit tired but other than that..o.k
Been and had a haircut, she cut my hair using a different technique, she was polish so maybe they teach things differently there? Going to change the colour too
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >