Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2018, 12:30 AM

Wisdom Panel DNA test results are in!

While I await Embark's rerun on Kratos I decided to do a Wisdom Panel test. Took about two weeks to get results. Here are the results and also pics which I recently posted elsewhere.

Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 08:02 AM
Very interesting ... lovely mix of 2 gorgeous breeds �� xx
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Thank you! I only did for fun / curiosity to see if it would / could find markers for Staffy Bull which he has on his mother's side. A lot of people are not sure on accuracy, while nothing is perfect the test have gotten so much better the last few years.
He's also clear for their little health panel they include, multi drug sensitivity and exercise induce collapse (which I think is mostly found in Labs, but some times other breeds).
They also gave his color traits and some neat charts when I downloaded then they had colors inverted for some reason so I might screenshot. It just shows where he fits into their AST population clusters (I'm assuming the ome he is in line with is actually from APBTs of course, they don't seperate them). Also his level of homozygous genes and such.
fluffy1893
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2018, 02:53 PM
We thought about doing DNA on our pup too see if he really is the Shepherd Lab mix we were told, or if there is something else in there. How long did the results take to come in?? Beautiful dog by the way!!
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by fluffy1893 View Post
We thought about doing DNA on our pup too see if he really is the Shepherd Lab mix we were told, or if there is something else in there. How long did the results take to come in?? Beautiful dog by the way!!
From time they received sample back it took exactly 14 days. And thanks.