Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2020, 07:11 AM

Daily Chat Sunday 21st June

Good morning everyone

Pleased mum is home Kelly but not good that she is refusing to eat or drink. I know when Barry came home after six weeks in hospital I had the devils own job to get him to eat. I managed to get him to drink one of the Complan drinks (strawberry in his case) and then progressed to packet soups and eventually got him to eat small meals of chicken or fish but it was a struggle. Hope things improve for you today.

Oh dear Lynn it is so sad that Joel has reverted to his old ways and back with his mum.

Raining here so no plans at the moment.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2020, 07:31 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow. Yep raining here so no gardening, which can wait anyway. I am back to shredding the last bits so that's an easy job. Have a good day. Catchup later I expect. bg!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2020, 07:42 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.
Wet here to, Mark and Lauren visiting today, then onto Harlow for a picnic with Joel. They will visit us we can social distance indoors.
Not sure about the picnic though such a shame as Mark has had little contact with Joel since 7th March not for want of trying.
The one thing Joel did do for his dad was message Michael for his Birthday, Mark laid the law down on that especially as Michael and Maca flew in from Madrid for his Birthday get together.

Got Dillon to eat some cold pressed biscuit and shredded boiled chicken last night and again this morning which held some of his medication to so very pleased with that. His previcox and the pardale he has in cream cheese.

griff I think and have found the best things to offer poorly people are very light meals especially if they haven't been eating big heavy melas could make them retch.
I do hope mum helps you out today by cooperating. You will one day not have the worries but at the time going through them it seems you never will never get past the hard times.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2020, 08:18 AM
Morning all

Up late this morning, usually if I am up late I wake at my normal time and then go back to sleep again. But not this morning. Weather looks as if it will be nice overall, got new tin black gloss for the shed and summer house door not sue if I will do that today or wait for the excellent forecasted weather later in the week. No washing as machine still in pieces.

Griff I wonder if your Mom is depressed, hope all is getting back to an even keel. The approach you are taking is maybe the best separate yourselves from the situation rather than confrontation.

Lynn I do hope your grandson has not done as you think, suspect time only will tell. How is Charlie getting on? Glad Dillon is on the up and up.

Brenda Happy shredding. Have you had any feedback from your viewers yet?

Losos Glad yo hear the headaches are not a constant. Have a great day. Hope the weather is kinder to you today

Chris Suppose its hard at the moment to judge what and where the boundaries are for entering other peoples homes. However good you can take what you already have maybe a bit of a "constant" during the new home settling.

Moyra Has Steve returned to work now and did your letter to the back gain the desired results; if not he could set up via telephone banking.

Sue I am in washing withdrawal symptoms with no machine. Bet one good thing for this rain is your grass if not floating away will be watered enough.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2020, 08:22 AM
Charlie is doing great Kazz, they are smitten.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2020, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone, had a bad night so was glad to have a lay in. I had to get up to give Amber her breakfast. Fortunately as she has got older she sleeps a lot more.

I hope your mum starts to pick up soon Kelly, not good that she is not drinking.

Lynn, sad about Joel hope he doesn't go wrong in her company. Hope Dillon responds to his medication too.

God bless everyone, Have a good day and stay safe and well, four legged friends too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Kazz, Steve went into the Bank and sorted it out. I lost out to the direct debit on the lst June but he paid me 10 weeks housekeeping so I only lost a couple of weeks and will get June's keep on the 1st July so he will be a month behind all the time. Still that's better than it was.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2020, 08:59 AM
Hope you feel better today Moyra, good news about Steve.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Kazz, Steve went into the Bank and sorted it out. I lost out to the direct debit on the lst June but he paid me 10 weeks housekeeping so I only lost a couple of weeks and will get June's keep on the 1st July so he will be a month behind all the time. Still that's better than it was.
That's good Moyra.

This is a funny memory I will share;

A good friend of mine returned home after house sharing for a while; after a spat about paying she thought she should not have to however her Mom said you earn good money more than I do. So my friend decided to pay in arrears well her Mom smiled and then my friend realised all was in the cupboard was margarine EKKKK basic bread EKKKK No fruit sweets/chocolate no sky tv box the controller for the central heating in her Moms handbag and the freezer almost empty. On querying the issues my friends Mom said this is all you get if you pay in arrears I can't afford to keep the standard up or heating/sky on etc

My friend complained to a few of us who all thought it was a brilliant way to get a point across. Point taken and tempers calmed my friend paid up on time start of the month.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2020, 12:54 PM
Steve's not working because he has a bad chest and is concerned that he shouldn't go into other peoples places to do work. Also he says that he does not want to put me at risk from catching it either since he has not allowed me out since just before the lockdown. I have been a complete prisoner in my home. I keep saying I am going to rebel though and I just might and take Amber up the green, wearing a mask of course.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >