Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 05:02 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 22nd June, 2020

Good morning all, Have a good day, stay safe and well. God Bless.

I hope you are all well and your four legged friends too.

Kelly it sounds like your mum is fed up with this life and all it seems to offer, I know I am and I guess a lot of people are. However, we still have to face each day and make the best of it, I hope she hurries up and realizes it.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 06:19 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

I agree with Moyra Kelly that mum is tired and frustrated with her life and all you can do is try your best and remove yourself when the situation warrants it. Hope she picks herself up soon. Hope your dad can help too.

How is Dillon going hopefully still no pain.

Enjoyed my first raspberries yesterday Harvey. How are yours doing?

Lovely morning and forecast to be very warm this afternoon. Washing out and once the garden bin has been emptied will mow the back lawn. Neighbour did the front yesterday but never seems to do his back lawn

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2020, 08:00 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Warm here already. We had a little baby sparrow in the garden yesterday looked a bit young to be out. Mum was around intermittently feeding it so we let it be hoping it would survive the night.
It did it was around this morning no sign of mum or dad and it seemed quite perky. We went for our walk came back and it was tucked up round a quiet bit of the garden looked a bit shocked and shaking.
Put some water and mealworms down then Dillon worried it as he heard something behind the storage boxes and gave chase.
We think a rat come in from next doors garden. I now have it in a box tucked up not to high off the ground but high enough and Dillon is outside plus we are in and out so it should be safe. It's just seeing if it survives or not at least the rat won't get it if it doesn't recover.
I will try the soaked mealworms in a tweezer again later to see if I can can get it to eat.

griff I third what Moyra and Sue are saying, your mum is probably fed up of feeling so ill and feels like giving up at the moment. I know it's hard for you and your dad to but as others have said remove yourself from the situation breathe count to 100 then smile and try again. That's all you can do.
You cannot force people to eat or drink for that matter the amount of times mum was admitted to hospital for dehydration.
Never sank in it was a constant battle with her and eating to.

Sue Dillon seems in less pain been slowly weaning him off the pardale, yesterday and today it's 1 a day, then see how he goes over the next few days on none.
I have one in reserve if needed till I can a get a prescription from the vet if felt we need to keep them in.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 08:05 AM
Griff I have copied pasted below my post from yesterday as it seems we are all thinking along similar lines.

As the saying goes you can lead a horse to water. I assume your Dad is not having any better luck? In general do you think your Mom is alright taking out this current experience with her legs?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 08:06 AM
Morning all off to see niece and her fiancé's new flat today they got the keys Friday. So they are stripping it all out, looking forward to it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 10:15 AM
I don't know kazz...I have asked previously if she is depressed, I mentioned it to the nurse... everyone seems to think she is fine.
Basically, she knows best...end of. It's incredibly frustrating to watch someone struggle yet refuse any help
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2020, 10:40 AM
griff just because she says she isn't depressed and others think the same doesn't mean she isn't. It is a very hard thing to admit and others do not know how you feel inside and you can look and seem fine to everyone but be dying inside.
It is I admit very frustrating and hard work to watch especially with all the neighbour stuff going on and not having good health yourself.
I have been that person and have dealt with that person so can understand, you have and are doing all you can sometimes you just have to stand back and watch them self destruct not nice but it can either kick start them into seeking/asking for help or not.
You cannot make a person see it your way even when your way is right especially a depressed person, hard as it is try to be normal and even chirpy as you can and take your frustration out or upstairs.
As I have said once before I never know how Gorden kept sane around me when I was so depressed. I guess colleagues were his place to talk and rant and work was another distraction.
Plus he is an extremely patient man. Me I am not and with mum I had to find something to do when she was still living at home and I visited and rant while driving home turn the radio up and burst my eardrums to deal with it. Plus at that time I was unwell myself also.
So as said get up ask how she is if she would like something to eat and drink and if she says she is ok, take it on the chin, if she says no to drink or anything to eat, say ok let me know if you need anything, then remove yourself for a while quietly swear, go upstairs and have a good moan to yourself it will be the norm for a good while by the sounds of things, then come down sweetly smile ask again and if the answer is still no just repeat if you need anything let me know and then get on with whatever you were going to do.
You can do no more than that she is an adult and responsible for her own well being at this point, you are doing your best but at the end of the day the ultimate decision is your mums harsh as that sounds till at some point if she makes herself so ill again it means hospital it has been her doing no one else's.
You should feel no guilt if that is what happens you can do no more than you are doing.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 12:26 PM
Griff
Everything Lynn has said is what I would of said different perspective but same gist. If you check out on a depression check list sort of thing NHS has one I would see where your Mom scores from your observations, then get your Dad to do the same thing.

Although on a lighter note how you think you became so stubborn and self sorting - easy look at your Mom what you say she does is what you do. Look after everything yourself.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2020, 12:30 PM
Flat is brilliant they are hoping to be able to take a wall down apparently everyone they have spoke to so far in the block has already done it they just need permission. Man coming today then they put that forward to the next stage.

The flat is a lovely block flowers out and in the corridors communal areas spotless and little touches out side of everyone's doors on the walkway. Being 1 bedroom singles or couples. Have booked a slot for the salvage 5.15 today so off I go to sort it out now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-06-2020, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Enjoyed my first raspberries yesterday Harvey. How are yours doing?

I planted two varieties last year.

The 'Glenn Ample' provided a small handfull yesterday which were nice and tasty, the Glenn Fynn look like they'll be latter, maybe even into August, they are in a shady position also which doesn't help
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >