Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 08:54 AM

New camera advice, please

Hi, anyone who knows me, knows that when it comes to technical things I'm a dunce I'm just about to get a new camera and want something that is idiot proof yet can take stunning pics, the one I've got at the moment even though it its basically idiot proof, just isant up to the job I want if for, I want to take great up close pics of Jack, flowers etc, but also great on the move pics of Jack doing agility, the camera I have, by the time it's got ready to take a pic, he's finished the course, or is blurred, so if I have a camera that can do the job, then it's up to me to improve as well I found this on ebay and wondered if any of you tecnical lot thought it was any good, if not any sugestions please thanks
Christine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEALED-7-1MP-K...QQcmdZViewItem
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2007, 09:00 AM
That's the same one Shona's got, it's a good buy, take a look at some of Shona's pics she took yesterday.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks nero, but having a complete mind block at the moment which one's Shona sorry Shona
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Thanks nero, but having a complete mind block at the moment which one's Shona sorry Shona
Sexy Vinnie thread.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks nero sorry to be a pain, but , I've been having a look around a bit, and this one is also mentioned on another thread, which is better for what I'm after, Thanks

oops, better put a link on

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-PowerSho...QQcmdZViewItem
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Well that's the camera I have and it's great pretty much idiot proof aswell - it has to be for me

It has a dial on the top for taking different types of photos - portraits, landscapes, nightshots, action shots, video etc etc and it has an auto setting on it aswell.

Take a flick back through some of my pics - I got it in May so anything before that is irrelevant
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Thanks M2M, I thought someone had bought one recently if it's idiot proof that's just what I need , how quickly does it get ready to take pics, and what's the battery use like, the little one I have uses them like it was going out of fashion
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 06:43 AM
the battery is actually really good on it, since I've had it I've only changed them twice - one of which was a few days ago and you know how many pics I post it takes 4 AA batteries.

It gets ready pretty quick aswell - most of my action shots are actually taken on the landscape setting, as the action setting quality isn't as good - but if he's going really quick I use the action otherwise I get a big black blur - the devil of dartmoor
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks M2M, at least you get shots of Max even though they may be blurred, most of my action shots just have a few tail hairs at most it certainly sounds like the camera for me, Jack is going to a few agility shows soon and my old camera just isant up to it