Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2007, 11:35 PM
I award points for spectacular falls but I`m rotten that way
Dont like it when someone is actually hurt though
I do hope you follow the docs advice and heal up soon !

I`m a little concerned [ and hopefully just completely misreading ] the height Smudge was jumping - she is your Terrier is`nt she ? She should not go higher than Small [ or Medium if she`s in that group ], but either way all dogs of all sizes should start off at the lowest height to get muscles, tendons and joints used to it, [ its not the same as jumping high things occasionally ], and to safely become confident in stride, speed, and spacial awareness :smt105
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Well done to you - sorry you hurt yourself on your fall - I've fallen over too! Think only the best do you know?

Rest up and take it easy - hope your leg is better soon!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I award points for spectacular falls but I`m rotten that way
Dont like it when someone is actually hurt though
I do hope you follow the docs advice and heal up soon !

I`m a little concerned [ and hopefully just completely misreading ] the height Smudge was jumping - she is your Terrier is`nt she ? She should not go higher than Small [ or Medium if she`s in that group ], but either way all dogs of all sizes should start off at the lowest height to get muscles, tendons and joints used to it, [ its not the same as jumping high things occasionally ], and to safely become confident in stride, speed, and spacial awareness :smt105

hi patch i now what you are saying and i would not of let her go to high this little girl is a pain in the bum...lol she can jump 5ft fence with out thinking about it she has been doing this every day since she was 6mths old, the gate into my garden, she is really so and so. i spoke to the trainer before we took her so he new every thing about her and he gave her good check over first and my vet had as well as wanted to make sure she would b ok ad was fit.

we started on all the very small jumps and tunnels and sea-saw and the narrow walk planks and she just did so easy. the traner said to see what she would do will the higher wall jumps as most dogs will not do them for a good couple of weeks they will just stop at them and refuse to do it.

so thats what i did i walked her up to it so she could see it up close and then walked back said to lets go upup and she went straight over, the trainer was gobbed smacked, and all the other owners gave us a clap a well which was nice.

i can promise you i would not let her try any thing i dont think shei ready for as would not want her to get hurt.

here are the pics OH took theyare a bit far away and sorry about my bum not a good view....lol

dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Good luck sam , hope it goes well

xxdk
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 09:05 AM
thanks dolly will gve update next week just hope i will be ok to do it after the falli had this week...lol will get some more pics as well
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Sounds like you had a great time except for your fall. Sounds a bit nasty what you have doen to your leg! Hope it feels better soon.

Well done to Smudge as well sounds like she thoroughly enjoyed herself and did very well.

Fingers crossed your leg is ok for next week!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 07:40 AM
hi kris

thank for the comment well it was a bad a all as hae now got brusing coming out on my back as well all down my right side have been laid up in bed all day yesterday and in a lot of pain today, just hope it heals soon as really want to go next week.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
this little girl is a pain in the bum...lol she can jump 5ft fence with out thinking about it she has been doing this every day since she was 6mths old, the gate into my garden, she is really so and so.
I've got one of those!! and she's 7 now and was doing agilty last year she loved it!! they are very agile little dogs hope you keep going with it its so rewarding.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 09:40 PM
hi hayebella

i will keep doing it as it was a really good nite just have to wait toget better after my fall hoping will e fit enough to this tue as smudge really liked it.

will try and keep you all pdated on how she is doing.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
well went out to night for class but thew weather has been so bad was to dangerousto do agility but we did do some abediance which was great it is the advanced class so is really funny as smudge has had none what so ever, my traininer is really good as we are taking 3other dogs on training ona sat so he said we could treat it as a sat course and strt from scratch with there help, as 4dogs on a sat is to much with my legs.

well we did heel work and she was great bless her we did sits and downs and have to work on them but wasa good thing for us both. i evenlet her off lead for the first time and she stayed close and came every time i called her te traininerwas over the moon with her and how she is gettig more confided with the other dogs so will keep it up.

he has also said that in a few more weeks he will get me to go on wednesday to the advanced agility and get her used to the dogs there a they are more under controle and he we start us with off lead training on gility so will be looking forward to that.

leg and side are much better still sore but getting there so will give an update in 2 wks as no class nexttue sosad i was just getting used to go as well....lol
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >