Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Allsorts/Anysize classes at kc shows

Now we are a little more exerienced but still not jumping full height i am considering entering an allsorts/anysize jumping class at a kc show(Tenterden Magic)

Nothing set in stone yet but i am informed i can enter at medium with a collie cross for a clear round only rossette does anyone know if this is correct? schedule says large dogs jump 45cm in allsorts class.

Also is there likely to be tyre and weaves? we can do tyre but touch and go but only on medium setting,weaves a bit more of a challenge.
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Hi. You can enter at medium height ( 45cm ) sometimes they do give place rosettes as well. Haven't checked tenterden schedule yet. I've never come across weaves or a tyre in allsorts/anysize but it does usually say on the schedule. If you're tempted to enter do it. The classes have a lovely atmosphere as everyone is just there to enjoy running their dogs. Mines 12 and still loves a run round so we will be there. They are a great introduction to agility.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2012, 01:38 AM
I am very tempted but also worried I will end up with weaves in the class and his never completely done them without a toy as baa allow toys at beginner level .jumps tunnels contacts ok.his getting better at Tyre. I looked at uka but shows All miles away.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Allsorts or anysize classes are usually run at small height jumps for large dogs and micro height jumps for small and medium but you can usually pick which height you prefer. I've never known the jumps to be at medium. There will also not be weaves or a tyre. These classes are primarily designed for dogs who are coming back from injury or, for whatever reason, can't manage full height, or, like yours, young dogs just starting out.

However, as they are special classes, the rules can vary from show to show so do check the wording in the schedule and ask the show secretary for clarification if needed.
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 06:51 AM
These classes are special classes and each show has different rules, so it's best to check the schedule, it should tell you the height of the jumps and will usually say 'no tyre or weaves'. If it doesn't say, you can always check with the secretary before entering.
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Almost every allsorts/anysize I've run in this year has been at 45cm/medium for large dogs and it does say they will be set at that height for Tenterden. I noticed one of my friends is judging it on the Saturday I can email her to clarify if you like re weaves and tyre,but think if they put them in there would be uproar as most dogs entered would struggle with the weaves at least.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jfk View Post
Almost every allsorts/anysize I've run in this year has been at 45cm/medium for large dogs and it does say they will be set at that height for Tenterden. I noticed one of my friends is judging it on the Saturday I can email her to clarify if you like re weaves and tyre,but think if they put them in there would be uproar as most dogs entered would struggle with the weaves at least.
Perhaps it's a southern thing then? I think there would be an outcry at the shows I go to if they were at medium height.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I too have never seen medium height, though I wouldnt mind as my girl still competes at competition height occasionally, I've never seen weaves or a tyre, though come to think of it, ive never competed in an anysize agility class either!!!(rather than jumping).
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2012, 12:36 AM
O ii
Originally Posted by Jfk View Post
It would be great if you can email your friend im working saturday.i.ve put a provisional entry in for sunday via iss but im yet to pay.
Munsti-Sue
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Never seen weaves or tyre in anysize/allsorts...live in south midlands and most classes are either small or micro height aswell.
Also to note, even though anysize, dog still needs to be measured to compete.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >