Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Lovely runs, thanks for sharing

Be careful what you wish for - I found courses too easy
Then we accidently won up to grade 5 and the difference I have found (atm) to be way to big a step!! Hopefully I will get there but it really knocked us both
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
She's obviously knocking on the door of grade 4 so won't be long! It's a bit more competitive in your part of the world but I'm sure it will come soon! My Gem had a couple of seconds at TAG this weekend but, as she's only just gone up to grade four, I really don't want her to move up to grade 5 yet. The same dog beat her both times as well. Make the most of grade 3!
If it's going to happen it will happen this year!

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Lovely runs, thanks for sharing

Be careful what you wish for - I found courses too easy
Then we accidently won up to grade 5 and the difference I have found (atm) to be way to big a step!! Hopefully I will get there but it really knocked us both
Thank you. That's why I won't move up on points, if she's going to win, then she's ready to move up.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Cracking runs well done!!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Great runs... I agree, be careful what you wish for! Ripley won into grade 4 this weekend, I didn't give it much thought before but I'm thinking maybe it's a little soon, shes not 3 yet so last year was her first season but she only managed 3 comps before she had an injury and then had pups so this is really her first season and now we won't get any overly nice courses!!
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Cracking runs well done!!!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Great runs... I agree, be careful what you wish for! Ripley won into grade 4 this weekend, I didn't give it much thought before but I'm thinking maybe it's a little soon, shes not 3 yet so last year was her first season but she only managed 3 comps before she had an injury and then had pups so this is really her first season and now we won't get any overly nice courses!!
I think I'll be forever in grade 3 now! Bertie and Teagan got into grade 4 when they split out Novice, Bertie's was a real fluke though, he was a slow, steady boy and he got a 6th place in a class with only 6 clear rounds!
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Great runs. Well done

I agree with what others are saying. I have been competing in agility for a few years with Sacha who is reliable when she wants to be, but not the fastest. I wished so much she would win up the grades and she does get places fairly often. I was so happy when she won into grade 2.

Now I have a youngster that is doing really well I am glad we are still in the lower grades. He is only just 2 and has in 3 shows got two 2nds and a 4th. One of them was in 1 to 5 combined, which was a lovely suprise, but I would like to keep him on the easier courses for now.
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
Great runs. Well done

I agree with what others are saying. I have been competing in agility for a few years with Sacha who is reliable when she wants to be, but not the fastest. I wished so much she would win up the grades and she does get places fairly often. I was so happy when she won into grade 2.

Now I have a youngster that is doing really well I am glad we are still in the lower grades. He is only just 2 and has in 3 shows got two 2nds and a 4th. One of them was in 1 to 5 combined, which was a lovely suprise, but I would like to keep him on the easier courses for now.
Thanks. I've been competing at agility for 12 years. I won out of Elementary (grade 1) about 8 years ago with my slow, steady boy, he came 3rd in an agility class. I won out of Starters (grade 2) about 7 years ago, Teagan beat the 2nd placed dog by 3 seconds in an agility class. As I said earlier in this thread, both these dogs went into grade 4 when Novice was split. Skye and now Star have had to start at grade 3, Skye is now 6 years old and consistantly gets top 10 places, but that win just eludes her and baby Star is just starting.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2