Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
speed is no good without an accurate dog and a good handler.
totaly, I watch dogs who LOOK fast - but we beat them because they take 5 or 6 steps to take a corner that we can get round tighter

Training is to give your dog confidence in you, for you to understand their strengths and weaknesses and to plan the course acording to your abilities

and yes training can improve speed and agility, if your dog trusts and understands what you are saying and know exactly where you want them to go then they can wrap wings as they are jumping and dont have to check in on you and accidently drop poles
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:08 PM
yeah suppose no dog is good without a good handler. do you think the heavier breeds would be good at it though? i expect it would take them alot more effort to jump over jumps etc, and what about the tunnel? do they change the sizes for the dogs to fit through comfortably? im thinking dogs that are alakan malamute size here..
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yeah suppose no dog is good without a good handler. do you think the heavier breeds would be good at it though? i expect it would take them alot more effort to jump over jumps etc, and what about the tunnel? do they change the sizes for the dogs to fit through comfortably? im thinking dogs that are alakan malamute size here..
yes some very heavy dogs I wouldnt be happy jumping full height so possibly wouldnt be best to think of KC shows with them - but plenty of things you can do at a lower height
The tunnel is the same size - but the dogs mannage to squeeze tru it no problem - in general once they know about it all the dogs love the tunnel
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
yes some very heavy dogs I wouldnt be happy jumping full height so possibly wouldnt be best to think of KC shows with them - but plenty of things you can do at a lower height
The tunnel is the same size - but the dogs mannage to squeeze tru it no problem - in general once they know about it all the dogs love the tunnel
i know that once ive wandered around discover dogs tomorrow i will be spoilt for choice but i do have my favourites already.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:17 PM
The Cresties love agility, and do well with it. I know many people that have agility Cresties along side their Collies - I think the breed compliments each other well. Mace will hopefully do some agility when obidence is ace. Karma will also be doing it. I would also love to try flyball with the pair of them. Zani and Mydus wouldnt enjoy either.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2011, 02:18 PM
kelpies seem to be the dog du jour .
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
kelpies seem to be the dog du jour .
cos they can enter the ABC cheats
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
The Cresties love agility, and do well with it. I know many people that have agility Cresties along side their Collies - I think the breed compliments each other well. Mace will hopefully do some agility when obidence is ace. Karma will also be doing it. I would also love to try flyball with the pair of them. Zani and Mydus wouldnt enjoy either.
i think asbo would, but i know daphni wouldnt, she doesnt like much training and isnt food orientated or really toy either so it would be hard training her to do things, asbo on the other hand will do anything for food nickname is bin bag
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Explain the abc please ??
Why different jump sections and agilty section??
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Explain the abc please ??
Why different jump sections and agilty section??
'anything but collie'

there are jumping classes (no contact equipment)

and agility classes (with ce)
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >