Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-05-2021, 01:02 PM

Blood in poo

Since January, occasionally my 2 year old cockapoo won't eat breakfast, eats loads of grass but is never sick & clearly has some stomach pain. By early afternoon, she's alright & eats. She might be ok for few weeks, then it happens again. Vet couldn't find anything wrong, but, last week she had red blood on top of stool. Vet said problem stems from lower intestine. Anal glands were emptied, stool tests negative for parasites and pathogens. Full blood test all normal, ruling out pancreatitis. Vet is referring her for CT scan. Said could be IBD or food intolerance. The blood has terrified me & I'm worried it's a tumour. The only time she doesn't want to eat is in mornings & she's usually has very good appetite & loves her food. Has anyone else had similar symptoms - everything I find online includes vomiting, which she doesn't do.
Fishstick
New Member!
Male 

07-07-2021, 08:23 PM
I once had a dog like this and the poor thing passed away at a young age. Ended up being Lyme disease and a tumor that had grown on the side of her pancreas. As yours, she ate lots of grass and never got sick, but always blood in the stool.

Poor thing had to be put down, because the tumor was in a location where it couldn't be removed.