Female 

28-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Malka
Thank you so much xxxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2013, 03:59 PM
I used to take Diclofenac and no I didn't suffer from weepiness and I don't think it appears on the list of possible side effects either, although it can cause anxiety I believe. I'm not allowed to take it anymore so can't be certain. It's an anti inflammatory so I'd talk to my GP and get an alternative.
I did find it very effective though, hope you feel better soon.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Aw Norma, poor you, I do know where you are coming from
I think as others have said it is more likely to be the condition making you weepy and not the Diclofenic. Constant pain and disability can make you very depressed.
I have Osteoarthritis and got very down at one point. A quick chat with my understanding GP and I now take a very low dose antidepressant and I feel so much better all round

Chin up chick, we are all here for you
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I really do feel for you Norma, having the pain itself is bad enough without having to also deal with side effects ((hugs))

In the last month my 2yr old grandson has been diagnosed as having rheumatoid arthritis, he was understandably all very sad and sorry for himself as he doesn't have a clue what's happening.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Nippy /Trouble
Thank you both so much for you kind words I'm going to contact my GP hopefully get an alternative sorted out
Cacoll
Sorry that your wee grandson has been diagnosed with arthritis ,understandable him being upset not knowing whats happening to himself ,please give him a humumgus hug from me
Makes me very ashamed to be moaning
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Norma you're not moaning, you're telling it how it is, knowing how others feel with it helps as Jack can't say what he feels about it. I really hope the doctor can help and you're soon feeling better, I wish a teddy bear and a train set could help you as it does him xx
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Having recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in joints (hands ,knees being the worst )
Just put the aches and pains down to old age ,wear and tear previously
Am now on DICLOFENAC SODIUM 50 mg tabs 3 times daily only started them 10 days ago not looking for an instant improvement ,
What I'm finding is this bursting into tears ,weepy episodes that suddenly occur (no rhyme nor reason )
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with this medication ,or have I finally lost the plot
Apart from a large growth being removed 18 months ago
Fit n healthy ,not on any other medication
Any input gratefully received
Thank you
Norma, I was diagnosed with Psioratic Arthritis over 10 years ago (same symptoms and treatment as Rheumatoid) and was advised recently not to take Diclofenac Sodium and was given Naproxen please check with your Dr / Consultant on this please.

I also have to take Methotrexate, folic acid, Co-Codamol, Lanzoprazole and used to take Sulphasalazine which made me feel very sick.

I have an Infusion of a drug every 8 weeks called Infliximab which to be honest with you has been a god send for me, if it wasn't for this drug I would be in a wheelchair by now.

I understand how you feel and can sympathise with you, you should never feel you have nothing to moan about . . .The pain that this disease can cause can be unbearable at times.

I'm sure your Doctor has given you lots of imformation about the disease but if there is anything I can help or reassure you about please do not hesitate to contact me, I'm not an expert but a sufferer like you and sometimes just knowing that your not alone can make you feel better.

Hugs

Shane
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi Pernry
Thank you for your kind reply
Made new appointment with my DR unfortunately it's not till next Tue as classed as non urgent ,
Blood work ,and X-rays done ,but if I'm being honest ,wasn't impressed with my Dr
Asked when pain was worst ,where was affected most
By evening pain in hands is so painfull n feel as if their on fire ,knees feel as if someone's attacked them with an axe
Apart from an op 18 mth ago I'd not visited a dr in over 10 years ,always been fit n healthy
Still taking the tabs don't feel any benefit so far if I'm honest
It's these weepy episodes that concerns me ,( not like a black cloud descending )do not believe its depression as am a very positive person
Just no rhyme or reason I've had to pull over while driving till it passes
This probably makes no sense ,hopefully new meds will help
Thank you once again for your more than helpfull information ,and that I'm not going completely mad
It's so reassuring to hear from a fellow sufferer that this condition can be managed
Am sure there are those who suffer much worse than me and I shouldn't moan
Take care n many many thanks
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Just seen this Norma, and just wanted to send massive cuddles your way.

I used to take Diclofenac for back problems, and for me it was effective and I suffered no bouts of the "blues", however if it is not working for you then you simply must have the medication changed - the sooner the better.

Living with pain can certainly bring one down to the point at which you are now, because it is very hard to live a normal life when everything you do causes agony - last year when a prolapsed disc combined with a pre-existing condition of stenosis of the spine, I too would sometimes find myself crying frequently. It was a horrible feeling so I understand what you are going through - but when you are prescribed the right medication, which I am sure you will be, then the relief will make you as high as a kite!

Good luck, and more cuddles.
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Hi Pernry
Thank you for your kind reply
Made new appointment with my DR unfortunately it's not till next Tue as classed as non urgent ,
Blood work ,and X-rays done ,but if I'm being honest ,wasn't impressed with my Dr
Asked when pain was worst ,where was affected most
By evening pain in hands is so painfull n feel as if their on fire ,knees feel as if someone's attacked them with an axe
Apart from an op 18 mth ago I'd not visited a dr in over 10 years ,always been fit n healthy
Still taking the tabs don't feel any benefit so far if I'm honest
It's these weepy episodes that concerns me ,( not like a black cloud descending )do not believe its depression as am a very positive person
Just no rhyme or reason I've had to pull over while driving till it passes
This probably makes no sense ,hopefully new meds will help
Thank you once again for your more than helpfull information ,and that I'm not going completely mad
It's so reassuring to hear from a fellow sufferer that this condition can be managed
Am sure there are those who suffer much worse than me and I shouldn't moan
Take care n many many thanks
Norma sweetheart, you are more than welcome, it was my hands where it first started, they would swell and like you said they feel like they are on fire. The blood test should show how much inflammation is in your body and your Dr. should prescribe some strong pain killers. Don't suffer in silence . . . keep on at your doctor, there are treatments out there that can help you live with the disease.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >