View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2013, 05:23 PM
We don't do Tabata (well, I have in some of the bootcamps I instruct but as they last for 60 minutes it's a bit "much" as people tend to complete exhaust themselves and then the next lot of exercise/circuit is a bit of a waste) that much in classes, most of the time we go for a 30 sec of work and 30 seconds of rest set up. It sounds like a long rest, but believe me... four sets of that when you do an explosive exercise like jump squats or bear crawls with tuck jumps is not for the faint hearted .
I made my brother do squat jumps ONE time for 30 seconds (he is 17 and I think he doesn't believe that bootcamps "work") and it was priceless!

Interval training in disguise, hehe..
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 05:31 PM
The lady who lives in the apartment above mine has a trampoline in her bedroom. She uses this every morning and she gets up at about 5am! She is moving soon and I am SO happy about that!

Worth considering others who might be disturbed by the sound of some equipment - exercise bike, skipping rope, trampoline - stuff like that - if you intend using in indoors!
Dave1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post
We don't do Tabata (well, I have in some of the bootcamps I instruct but as they last for 60 minutes it's a bit "much" as people tend to complete exhaust themselves and then the next lot of exercise/circuit is a bit of a waste) that much in classes, most of the time we go for a 30 sec of work and 30 seconds of rest set up. It sounds like a long rest, but believe me... four sets of that when you do an explosive exercise like jump squats or bear crawls with tuck jumps is not for the faint hearted .
I made my brother do squat jumps ONE time for 30 seconds (he is 17 and I think he doesn't believe that bootcamps "work") and it was priceless!

Interval training in disguise, hehe..
Priceless lol! Nice one Julie

You can do Plyometrics inside in standard size lounge. You just use one box instead of five...Burpees, Squat jumps, Clap push up,Chest slap push ups, Box push ups, Star jumps, Tuck jump, Leg thrust, Defense hop, and Offense hop. Depends how big your place is I guess. But my place isn't very big. Saying that I do most of mine outside when it isn't raining. Even if the ground is wet. I prefer working out outside.

If people can't cope with Circuit training. I would not recommend Plyometrics. Circuit training done properly there is no rest between the different exercises. And you do the exercises fast.

Plyometric's should have no rest between different exercises and not only be fast but explosive. Plyometrics is primarly to improve anaerobic fitness.

But all the fitness I do is as a supplement to my Boxing. To improve my Boxing performance...But not everybody goes to the extreme's I do. As part of my Boxing I do skipping. With a weighted boxers jump rope. It is a great fitness exercise for a cardio work out.

I'm glad boot camps are making a come back. It's a great way to keep fit

I'm quite passionate about keeping fit. So I don't mind people asking questions..
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Exactly!
I say this again and again, I think too many people complicate and make excuses not to exercise. Like you say, you need SO LITTLE space to have a great session!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-02-2013, 02:17 PM
I have to be honest I rarely exercise just basically when I feel like it.

I believe body composition is 80% diet 20% exercise tho, least that seems to be true for me.
Bones68
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm a saddo who loves exercise and I do have a treadmill & exercise bike at home for use mainly during the winter when its too dark before/after work to get out.

But... you can't beat a good old walk or a run. you are outside in the fresh air and its free.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2013, 03:11 PM
I've got my own gym with proper treadmill, water powered rowing machine, so soothing like rowing down the river lol, exercise bike, cross trainer and weights and I still manage a 10 mile walk every day. I've always taken exercise in one form or another either playing sport (too old for that now and don't fancy bowls) or just swimming against the clock-, going running with the dogs etc. I'm competitive, always have been and set myself targets all the time just for the fun of it. Whatever floats your boat
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
You guys must be fit ^^

I would love a water powered rower - I've gone off our 'air' one
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2