View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 03:48 PM
It is a con, I thought we only got spots as teenagers - but thats over 20 years I have had zits!! and now Im older they seem to hang round longer
Got hayfeaver in my 30's too
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I got hayfever in my early 40's - first time ever in my life. It was a nightmare mucking out and doing hay. That lasted almost 10 years, then it went, then 2 years ago it came back, and I have become allergic to the Himalayan pink thingy that grows everywhere round here, very allergic as well, so much so that it made me physically ill and no one could work out why, my head and shoulders were itching terribly and I had flu like symptoms. Talking to a good friend of mine trying to find out what was wrong, she said some people are allergic to orchids, then it dawned on me that I was walking through these plants every day - they were very tall and over my head and the pollen was raining down on me and that's why it was mainly my head and shoulders were so bad. I have found if I take Benedryl tablets and also use eye drops it keeps it at bay, but in the summer when the girls go on the river (they are gigantic plants down there) I have to keep my head covered and wear a jacket or long sleeved top even on the hottest of days. As soon as I get on the bank itself I take my top off and walk round in a vest or short sleeved t shirt on a hot day.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 04:17 PM
That is interesting. This year I have got really itchy hands and legs which was a new one!! Could be similar - cant stand the idea of covering up my legs in the summer tho!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2012, 04:22 PM
If I take Benedryl every single day I just about manage. I have only just stopped taking it because it is going colder and the plants are dying off. The doctor gives me Clarityn I think it is, but I find I have to top up with Benedryl, which is far more effective, however because I am a very old woman the Clarityn is free.....
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I use the beconase for the hayfever.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 06:28 PM
The dr gave me something (prescriptions free here) but it actually made it worse - guess I should go back
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2