Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 11:38 AM

your teenager?

whats sort of stuff are they into ..... was just chatting to a mate about what we allow them to do and the things we teach them ..

one of mine is 13 and totally sports mad..in lots of clubs and never in

the other is 16 next week just started the going out with girls and the party scene.........he got very ill last week from drinking at a party and decided he didn't like drink LOL ( was rather green)

are you like me and give them strong guildlines BUT allow them to learn certain things for themselves ??????
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I have 3 teenagers and like you Inca, I've laid down guidelines which I hope they've adhered too. I do think that kids have to learn certain things in life for themselves, sometimes the hard way too. Makes them stronger individuals.

Metz is my eldest, and I hope the guidelines I set for her throughout her life, has given her the independence and focus she now has as a grown woman.

My son is 16. He has a steady girlfriend, but has gotten into a few scrapes with the law. Hopefully these lessons he's learnt from. The other teeny is 13 and into clothes, make up and the usual girly things.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 11:53 AM
with my eldest i set too many rules really and probably babies him too much ..now he is nearly 16 he is agood lad but wants to catch up with all he has missed.... i understand that now... squirt is just happy go lucky and not phased by much but he has had more freedom

do you think sometimes teenagers seem to have the world on there shoulders and really need to learn to have fun ?
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2005, 11:54 AM
As you know I have 3 teenage boys and I must admit Im proud of them. The oldest who is 19 refused to drink alcohol until he was 17. The youngest spends most of his time with his mates playing football and basketball. The funny thing is I would not let any of my sons go onto sites on the internet until i had vetted them. If my youngest who is 14 wanted to be a member of DW and I didnt know the site I would have vetted it. LOL.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 11:56 AM
squirt comes on from time to time ..but would rather be out playing footie with his mate.....
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Inca

do you think sometimes teenagers seem to have the world on there shoulders and really need to learn to have fun ?
Yes, I do Inca, some more than others. What happened to kids enjoying thier teens? Some of the teens nowadays are more mature than me (not hard, I know ) I'm lucky enough to of brought my kids up to enjoy thier younger years, it's all to short a period not too.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 12:00 PM
when Scott went to his first party i have to say i was worried ...we drove him there and picked him up ......... he was so ill as hadn't drank before LOL
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2005, 12:04 PM
My middle son has just gone for a taster week at the University he will be attending in September. Im worried about him hes only just turned 18 and hes still my little boy. Just spoke to my OH and he said "He will be OK". I think teenagers should be out playing in their sand pits until they are about 19. LOL
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
I remember when Craig went to his first party. He had a load of his mates upstairs in his room, all fighting to see who was gonna get into the bathrrom first, I was downstairs ironing his clothes for him. I did give them all a lecture on drink inflicted problems (not that any of them took any notice)

He came home in the wee small hours, drunk as a skunk. I took the washing up bowl into his room in case he didn't make it out of bed, and stayed awake all night worrying incase he was gonna throw up.

The following day, he was off out playing footie against his mates Dad's team
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2005, 12:10 PM
LOL .....we do worry eh

they seem to bounce back don't they ....i'm glad now that scott is out and about enjoy his teenage years as i think when i was trying to keep him in to protect him we didn't realise we were making him a loner ...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >