Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:07 PM

Introducing Boo!!!

HE'S HOME!!!

Finally, after almost 2 months of anticipation, I have him! He came out of his crate at the airport and walked up to me, like he was saying "HI! I'm here!" lol he was ADORABLE! he climbed right into my lap after I gave him a treat, so he could eat his treat on me LOL. then a lady approached us, wanting to meet him, and we saw a totally different side to the little guy. He tried to eat her! funny little guy. I played tug with him, and cuddled him, picked him up, gave him treats, and kissed his head, he was fine with all of it.

He does have some resource guarding tendancies, and some obstinant moments. but man is he ever adorable! He travelled well in my truck for the hour home, snuggled on his bed, then spent some time making himself comfortable, by pulling his blanket over top of him

I had to stop in at work, to lock up the shop, as my boss went home sick, so I took him in with me... he walked well on a leash, met some of my co workers, and came to me every time I wiggled my fingers at him. He is such a great little guy!

He actually came with his papers! He is registered with the Continental Kennel Club, which is an American club, but I'm not a fan as they'll register anything, but because he's registered with them, I think I can get a limited Canadian Kennel Club registration, and compete with him in performance trials, like Rally-o, which, if he is open to some serious training, we'll do!

I am so far, really impressed with the little guy. I think he'll do extremely well with positive training and Clicker Training techniques (light instead of click) He seems very motivated, so far. but we'll see.

He is right now whining in his x-pen, being ignored. He has not met any of my dogs without a barrier between them yet. He was snarky when I fed them all, but I knew he'd be that way. he is a big time resource guarder with the other dogs. I bought him some chewies, but I dont want to give them to him, as I dont want to set things off yet. But I want him to be comfortable in his new space, so I'm humming and hawing about it...

he does this funny spin when he's happy, or upset,. where he spind around growling and snapping at his back end... it's funny, but I'm not sure what it from. The vet for the rescue he came from checked him out and did x-rays, but nothing was found, so it was deemed behavioural. I dont think it's obsessive behaviour, as it only happens when it's triggered by something like me pushing him off my lap, or excitement over something. I'm going to put the question to a reactive dog group I'm on, see what they think about it.

here are some pics! My first look at him:

Meeting for the first time:

Time to head home

"Are we there yet?"

You kinda look like me

C'mon! Play with me!

Ready for bed
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Awww, he has really fallen on his feet now, I'm so pleased you managed to get him and I'm sure he will bring you so much pleasure.

It looks like he and Mouse will get on just fine, once you have looked into any issues he has...it sounds like you are totally on the ball in that sense.

I am truly looking forward to seeing some more photos of the little lad and his new family
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Congratulations!

He is the cutest thing! I hope you have lots of fun with him! Ohh, and lots of pictures too, please!?
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Aww Bless him He's such a gorgeous lad Well done for rescuing him x
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Awww, he has really fallen on his feet now, I'm so pleased you managed to get him and I'm sure he will bring you so much pleasure.

It looks like he and Mouse will get on just fine, once you have looked into any issues he has...it sounds like you are totally on the ball in that sense.

I am truly looking forward to seeing some more photos of the little lad and his new family
Thank you! He's going to do very well here, I think, and he'll pose a bit of a challenge for me, as resource guarding is new to me, so he'll teach me alot!
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Congratulations!

He is the cutest thing! I hope you have lots of fun with him! Ohh, and lots of pictures too, please!?
I am stupid with the camera... I take hundreds of pics... so there'll be no issue with providing tou all with pics! LOL
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless him He's such a gorgeous lad Well done for rescuing him x
He really is awesome to look at! He's going to be sooo much fun!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Aw how sweet what's his name Sarah , I am sure he will soon grow to love Mouse ...
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
He's lovely, am so glad you finally have him home, he looks as though loves his cosy bed, bet is resting up in readiness for some action
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Aww - Congratulations
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Aw how sweet what's his name Sarah , I am sure he will soon grow to love Mouse ...
I named him Boo, after Boo Radely in "To Kill a Mockingbird"... as he acts like a grumpy old man! LOL

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
He's lovely, am so glad you finally have him home, he looks as though loves his cosy bed, bet is resting up in readiness for some action
He's settled down nicely, for now... we'll see how he does when I go to bed and leave him all alone.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:39 PM
He'll always be Trap to me

I love him and so adorable
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >