Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NESSR
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-07-2010, 05:55 AM

A couple of cockers for rehoming

Well Diesel comes with both an OMG warning but also a thud one.... unfortunately another that has been severely damaged with kindness and from what we have seen it has all been through those cocker eyes, he is the least foodie dog I have met and not actively searching however will sit and give you that look while you eat yours....

Overall though a lovely sweet boy although does have some anxieties which will hopefully fade over the coming days/weeks, unfortunately no recall at all though so long line it has to be for the minute. The worst really has to be that at 5 years old he weighed in at a staggering 23.5 kg's today and has sore hips. I can't wait to see this boy shed his layering and start to show his pretty face especially as he is a proper curly cocker...

Harv is fairly near top of cocker size to give you some idea....

You can fit a finger under the roll over the top of his tail....

Diesel has now lost 1.5kg and as a consequnce his hip is a lot less sore, the vet feels that this will continue to improve as he loses weight.

He is staying with me for the weekend as his fosterers are at the CLA and have to say he is no bother, he really does deserve a home of his own and will make someone a wonderfull companion

Liz

Name: Dilly
Breed: cocker
Colour: Golden
Neutered: Yes
Vaccinated: Yes
Microchipped: yes
Children: yes
Cats: TBC
Other dogs: yes
Description: Dilly is a lovely, working cocker who we think has a bit of show cocker in their as well.He came into Nessr over funweekend, because his elderly owner felt she couldn't give him the type of home that he needed, he is a cracking lad, good with other dogs and coped brilliantly with the hoards of people that were there over the weekend. He is good on and off his lead and has settled into his foster home really well
Type of Home Needed: Either a home with other dogs or with someone who is around most of the time.

Location: Dilly is currently being fostered and assessed in Leeds

If you are interested in this dog please call Liz or Nev 01924 871431 between 3pm and 9pm email liz@nessr.net or send lizzy23 a PM via this forum

All NESSR dogs require new families to be homechecked, a vet reference and/or personal reference. In addition you will be required to sign an adoption form and give a donation so that we can continue our work.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Both these dogs don't deserve to hang around in rescue, diesel is just a big cudlly teddy bear, who would be fine with another dog (he's staying here with my five) or equally would be happy on his own, he can have that typical cocker gob, but on the whole a lot less than some we have had here, he is fine to be left for a few hours in a crate with a kong for company.

Dilly is a star he has been with us a week now and to be honest has no issues at all, he has now ben castrated so will be ready to go to his new home next weekend
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 10:55 AM
well Diesel has been staying with us over the weekend while Simon and Mandy are at the CLA, and what can i say he's a star :wub: :wub: :wub: great big cuddly teddy bear who has slotted right in with no problems, yes he will sit and look at you with those cocker eyes, but gives great big kisses for a fuss.

He needs a home that will continue on with his diet and not give in to those eyes, who will build up his exercise with short regular walks to help him shed those pounds, yes he can be a bit gobby, but hey he's a cocker and not as bad as some that have been here, other dogs no problem or equally on his own with somone around all the time, i don't think he will ever be up to 10 mile hikes so if you are looking for a companion and just want to trot round a couple of times a day the he could be the one for you.

please get in touch if you are interested in Diesel, Liz or Nev on 01924 871431, liz@nessr.net or send lizzy23 a pm via this forum, this boy is too nice to be in rescue long :wub:
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 12:22 PM
OMG Dilly is adorable. I do feel so sorry for poor Deisel, he weighs more than my 5 year old son.
Hayley_n_Max
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2011, 04:22 PM
I feel sorry for poor diesel although he does look adorable.

Dilly is so adorable too I hope these 2 dogs have found a forever loving home
flone33
New Member!
Female 

26-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if Dilly is still needing a home??

Also, have you found out if Dilly is ok with cats??

I would love to give Dilly a home
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh my.... they are both stunners! I didnt think Cockers came up for adoption very often ..... *swoon*