Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
i think peeing in pools is also banned LOL ...crikey can't do anything these days
inca
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Its about freedom of choice on both sides & when the ban takes place its the smokers who no longer have that freedom, very one sided

1 poster said its only enclosed public places, thats just it, ALL enclosed public places, or maybe I`ve read it wrong There should be smoking areas for the peole who choose to smoke.

I`d like to to know exactly what the dangers of passively inhaling diesel fumes are? And all the other toxic pollutants we have to breathe in when we`re outside in the fresh air
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Christine
There should be smoking areas for the peole who choose to smoke.

its like i said hun, even with smoking areas, the smoke travels and we still get to inhale it, choke on it and stink of it
a section of a room just isnt good enough, it would have to be a whole other room for it to work
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
i think peeing in pools is also banned LOL ...crikey can't do anything these days
Which corner in the shed Inca? {crosses legs}
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Anywhere Ya Like Hun Lets Break All The Banned Rules And Sing Really Loud As Well......wot Ya Reckon
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
its like i said hun, even with smoking areas, the smoke travels and we still get to inhale it, choke on it and stink of it
a section of a room just isnt good enough, it would have to be a whole other room for it to work
Like I said, I`d like to know what the dangers of the toxic diesel fumes & all other pollutants we are all forced to breathe.

As to smoking areas can`t they come up with powerful air purifiers, sure I read about them awhile ago, anyone remeber?? With a grant from the government to install them, taken out of taxes earned from us smokers....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 06:30 PM
You're not pathetic Ashlady, it's not an easy thing to give up. Both my parents smoked up until the last five years or so when they had to because of smoking related illnesses. They found it pretty easy then, especially after being on a respirator (in my mum's case) but my mum had been planning to give up all her life. My dad was terrified by the possibility of emphysema, which luckily he didn't have. My brother smokes like a chimney and

When she was in hospital the doctor asked did she smoke and she said, "no, I gave up." When he asked when, she replied, "today!"

at Kimberley and Inca, peeing in the swimming pool. Did you know they use a dye in the pool so they can tell whodunnit? Not really.

Christine - I guess smoking areas would be the ideal compromise but I think there are two issues here. Not all social and work places have the space to divide up into smoking and non-smoking areas and if it is just separated by dint of an imaginary line it doesn't work as the smoke drifts anyway. Also, and perhaps understandably, some might feel that it isn't their responsibility to provide a separate room for smokers.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Those links are very interesting, thanks Lucky
I see that the binge drinkers are costing the NHS over £7 billion a year then, and the tax on alcohol is far far less than that on cigarettes. I do, however, see where you're all coming from in wanting to breathe clean air though, of course you do, I do too!
Roger
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I’ve just had this idea. Ban smoking in public buildings and ban pubs and clubs, that way nobody will have to breath in anybody’s smoke the streets will be free of drunks, you will be able to go to casualty on a Friday and Saturday and get seen straight away. You will be able to get an ambulance on a Friday and Saturday without waiting a couple of hours and the police will be able to fight crime rather than spending time keeping hoards of drunks in order.

Even better idea lets ban everything. There sorted now nobody will be happy.
Oh of course their will be some exceptions for some people. Me, Mps, rich people, etc, etc
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Roger]I’ve just had this idea. Ban smoking in public buildings and ban pubs and clubs, that way nobody will have to breath in anybody’s smoke the streets will be free of drunks, you will be able to go to casualty on a Friday and Saturday and get seen straight away. You will be able to get an ambulance on a Friday and Saturday without waiting a couple of hours and the police will be able to fight crime rather than spending time keeping hoards of drunks in order.

QUOTE]

ROGER FOR PRIME MINISTER
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »