Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Christine
Nah us smokers would light up n share the last ciggy in the pack

think the bans an hypocritical, either make smoking illegal or leave us alone.
ok gunna throw a bit of a spanner in the works here,,

no offence to you or any of the other smokers on the forum christine, BUT as a non smoker and someone who has been forced to passive smoke all my life, and also a mother of 2 almost 3 young kids

why is it hypocrytical for people not to want to end up ill or dead through someone elses horrible habbit???
if you wish to smoke and fill your lungs with that awful stuff then that is up to you, but what about us people who dont wish to?? we have to sit and fill our lungs with crap because smokers should have "freedom to do so" im sorry but thats not right, i can stand up for myself and move away from a smoker but a baby in a pram cant, and no im not saying that any of you smoke near kids as im almost certain that you dont
but there are inconsiderate people that do, and that do blow smoke in a pragnant womans face, and do light up whilst other people are trying to eat , those are the people the ban is trying to tackle

so IMO no we should not "leave you alone" in fact smokers should leave their own and our lungs alone,, i watched my grandad become riddled with gangreen and lose his legs, then die from a combination of ganggreen and cancer, all through smoking, and then my nana have 4 heart attacks and countless bouts of pluracy, pneumonia and chest infections, only to lose her at 64 so i guess i have my reasons for being against it, but i say the sooner they make the darn things illegal the better
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 09:53 AM
it will never be banned the tax's from it are too high
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Because its a democratic world (or countrie we`re talking of are) & it is not illegal to smoke N/M.

I don`t object to smoking & no smoking areas but to ban it outright in all public places

It`s a matter of freedom of choice to do something thats perfectly legal. Now if they want to make it illegal OK but not this.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
it will never be banned the tax's from it are too high
and isn`t that the truth Inca
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 10:08 AM
its ok my shed will never be banned open to all smokers ....
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Me and all my family and OH's are non-smokers and I'm in agreement with the ban. OH goes to skittles twice a week and comes home stinking like an ashtray. Eldest daughter used to go to skittles, sticking up the pins, for a bit of extra pocket money, but after 2 weeks ended up with a real chesty cough, so we gave her extra pocket money and told her to pack in her little job. She's not had a cough since.

Smoking is an addiction and sometimes I don't think smokers realise what damage they are causing to other people, their own children AND DOGS/pets included.

Inca.....you're a good girl , when you came here you went outside everytime you wanted to smoke, maybe it would be more acceptable if all smokers we as considerate.

I don't think the government will opt to an all out ban, they gain too much from the taxes, but if people want to kill themselves then let them do it, just don't kill innocent bystanders in the process.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 10:12 AM
i do agree with it .....i have never smoked in my own house or around my boys perhaps if more smokers were considerate life would be much nicer for everyone
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

15-02-2006, 10:25 AM
The people I know who smoke are considerate tho, even strangers sharing a table in a pub if you mind them smoking. The majority of smokers are very aware of other peoples feelings on the issue.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
i do agree with it .....i have never smoked in my own house or around my boys perhaps if more smokers were considerate life would be much nicer for everyone
Snap, even though I smoke I cannot abide the smell and have always tried to bo considerate towards others.

Any brewing tackle in the shed Inca, couldn't find it last night?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2006, 10:51 AM
fridge full of stella will that do ? oh and some nice cold dairy milk
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »