Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2010, 11:02 AM

Heath Care Bill Passes in the USA

President Obama and the Democrates get a bill passed that a over a hundred years of Presidents couldn't do It's not perfect but millions will be covered who could not get or afford insurance before. I have been working on this day and night for months and I am tired but so happy, although it won't change things for me much, it will for so many. Pre existing conditions starts immediately for children and for adults by 2014 and insurance companies can't drop you if you are sick.

Not one Republican voted for it. but why should I be shocked. They wanted this to pass with a Rep. President in the White House.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2010, 11:08 AM
That is so good, it is a giant leap forward for a country that has so much, yet doesn't have a fair health care system
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
That is so good, it is a giant leap forward for a country that has so much, yet doesn't have a fair health care system
You are so right Emma!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I heard this news on the radio this morning, Joan.

I'm absolutely delighted for America.

About time, I say!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2010, 08:26 PM
im so happy this wewnt through! i was shocked at some of the interviews carried out on the general public out there who had been given so much false information!

Im really pleased it got through! lets just hope the republicans dont scupper it when it gets a bit further!

its just so daft!

Ive got high hope for obama....maybe im naive but i really hope he acheives all the things he wants to!
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
im so happy this wewnt through! i was shocked at some of the interviews carried out on the general public out there who had been given so much false information!

Im really pleased it got through! lets just hope the republicans dont scupper it when it gets a bit further!

its just so daft!

Ive got high hope for obama....maybe im naive but i really hope he acheives all the things he wants to!
Anything someone doesn't like the Republicans will make the most of and I think Obama has a hard road ahead of him. Alot of it is still race, I hate to say....someone spit on a black senator the day before yesterday If he is a one term President which I think might happen, he at least has a feather in his cap for being able to accomplish this.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I heard this news on the radio this morning, Joan.

I'm absolutely delighted for America.

About time, I say!
Thank you Vicki, I am so delighted as well. The cost for all of this is off the charts but in the long run it will bring down the deficit in the billions since the cost and fraud is eating us alive.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2010, 05:26 AM
I too was thrilled with the bill passing. Its disconcerting how much misinformation was out there about this bill. I hope that Obama will be remembered as the hero to the common american that he truly is!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
Thank you Vicki, I am so delighted as well. The cost for all of this is off the charts but in the long run it will bring down the deficit in the billions since the cost and fraud is eating us alive.
So are you saying that taking the 'long' view this bill will benefit the country economically because there is a huge amount of fraud going on with medical insurace claims.

If this is true I'm surprised it has taken so long to be passed and even more surprised that past presidents haven't been able to do what Obama has done.

Like most of us on this side of the pond I don't know the detail, it seems the insurance companies are against it but as a general principal it seems a good thing.

It didn't look good for Obama a few months ago, wonder what changed the senators minds????
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
I too was thrilled with the bill passing. Its disconcerting how much misinformation was out there about this bill. I hope that Obama will be remembered as the hero to the common american that he truly is!
He is my hero. Right now his rating is at 50%, the last time I looked. It was much higher before he started working on the health bill. The insurance companies have an enormous lobby and it was a fight to the end.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >