View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
John Howard
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-10-2019, 10:36 PM

Need Help to identify stray dog breeding?

So, this beautiful stray showed up today on our land. Obviously a drop-off (It happens a lot here). She appears to only have been on the road a few days, but was frightened and very hungry. I coaxed her up with some doggy treats and she immediately became friendly. We live miles from anyone, so she is not from a nearby farm. I am going to continue to leave food out for her and see if she stays or goes home. I don't want her to get too hungry and go after my livestock.

I would like to identify her breeding. She appears to have strong chocolate lab features and possibly some collie, but the brindle coloring is confusing me. She is petite and has a long narrow snout. She has a high occipital bone and dewclaws. Here are some pictures. Anyone know what her breeding might possibly be?

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2019, 11:14 PM
Whatever she is, she has wonderful markings. A beauty, bless her. Is there any chance of her getting a new home?
John Howard
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-10-2019, 12:16 AM
Well, if she hangs around, I will try to find her a good home. I have to do this several times a year because my area seems to be a favorite spot for people to dump their dogs. It is sad, but the local shelters won't take dogs anymore, and people that want to get rid of a dog have limited options. Unfortunately, some of the choose to dump their problem on me. I find homes for most of them though.

This girl is super sweet. I am sure I can find her a home if I can determine that the brindle does not come from Pitt.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 07:39 AM
Is that in Pit bull? She doesn't look like a pit to me. Just a lovely brindle dog with a good temperament. Wouldn't think she is a big breed as her tail isn't over long so labrador maybe cross. Or a cross dutch shepherd. Good Luck finding her a loving home. Sad these days what people do. Does she have a microchip? Although I suppose that would mean taking her to a vet to be scanned?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Shepherd
John Howard
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-10-2019, 08:17 PM
Thanks. She was on our porch this morning wanting to come inside the house. I think she was an inside dog. She is really sweet and does not appear to have any intention of leaving. She seems out of sorts about something and just looks at me and whimpers a little. I thinks she wants her owners but does not know what to do. I have put her picture out on [a social network] to see if a I can find her owners (even though I am sure the dirtbags dumped her). If she is still with us at the end of this week, I will take her to the vet and have her scanned for a chip. If nothing come back, I'll start looking for a good family for her.

So far she has been great with my grandkids and our other dogs. Why anyone would dump such a beautiful dog is beyond me. She deserves a loving family.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 09:11 PM
I do hope she finds a good home soon. Bless you for caring.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Oh John, it's so heart wrenching that anyone could dump such a lovely girl. I wish you every success in finding a wonderful home for her. I'm sure her looks will make someone fall in love with her. Good luck x