Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2020, 06:53 AM

Daily thread, friday, 23rd october, 2020

Good morning everyone, hope you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2020, 07:30 AM
Same to you Moyra and everyone else that comes on later. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2020, 10:37 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Lovely day here. Had a nice long walk with Teazle and Ben this morning. Have also cut the bush outside the lounge window. Might give the lawn a last cut this afternoon.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-10-2020, 10:59 AM
'morning Moyra, Brenda, Sue, and all to come

Dry here but rain looks immenent

Bruno still not eating properly, he's been off the Rimadyl for a week now, we were hoping that the tummy would have recovered but it seems not. It's a big worry when they don't eat. He seems OK in all other ways, the vet saw him last Tuesday and said that his external examination showed no blockages or 'growths' around his stomach, he tries to do his 'poohs' but having eaten so little nothing much is comming out

Will look in again soon, bye for now
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-10-2020, 10:59 AM

Just done a roof gutter clearing using a large vacuum cleaner designed for the job So I can clean high roof gutters from the ground. Photo shows how much it got out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue, Harvey, Barry and all to follow.
Dry here at the moment but not holding much hope it will stay that way.

We had one of next doors chickens on our fence this morning (6ft) it was in the bramble bush Grahams side it is one of his chickens. Looked like a young cockerel to me I convinced it by talking rather sternly to it that it needed to get down into it's own garden.

brenda hope you find a reasonable quote for moving.
We went with a company when moving from Harlow who got on with Dillon they even laid his rug out for us so when he arrived he had his Dillon smelling rug down. Same when we moved here guys were great with him.

Harvey sorry to read Bruno is off his food does he take the rymadil for joints ? Guessing he does, we didn't realise how badly Dillon needed them until he had to be off the previcox for 10 days due to the ab's he was taking after his op.
As soon as he was able to get back on them he changed so much eating and generally much better in himself. Vet guessed he would suffer but in his case no other way to go.
I wonder if he would pick up once back on them not sure why he has come off them obviously for a good reason.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2020, 12:08 PM
Lynn I found somebody a £100 cheaper than the second guy so going with them. I have had a productive morning. Changed the phone over to when I move with just my name. They will confirm by phoning me in a couple of weeks time. Now I have to just wait until the month starts so that I can cancel all other stuff. Have a good afternoon and all bodies. Gone dark here so must mean rain. bg!! Or I have nodded off. bg!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-10-2020, 01:21 PM
Moving quickly now brenda.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Harvey, will Bruno eat chicken and pasta or rice?? Just thinking if you can get him into the habit of at least eating something.
Brenda...ooooo, good work, soon be unpacking in your new place.
Lol....Lynn, my two would have a fit if they saw a cockerel.
Getting a bit annoyed now, had a metre reader the other day and now some schmuck from shell about fuel....I have a sign saying don't knock, struggled to the door, the dogs had a fight and it was something I neither want nor ask for!! I don't want people coming to my house in a pandemic unless it's the post man or someone I invite to deliver things...I may be in a bad mood but I wouldn't go knocking people's doors with corona-virus being about
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-10-2020, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
does he take the rymadil for joints ? Guessing he does, we didn't realise how badly Dillon needed them until he had to be off the previcox for 10 days due to the ab's he was taking after his op.
As soon as he was able to get back on them he changed so much eating and generally much better in himself. Vet guessed he would suffer but in his case no other way to go.
Yes the Rimadyl was for his joints, the front left shoulder in particular. It's not too bad and he can do without them for now and when we've sorted the eating thing the vet has a different type of pain killer he can have.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey, will Bruno eat chicken and pasta or rice?? Just thinking if you can get him into the habit of at least eating something.
Yes he will but like you told me it's best if I warm them up. Spoke to the vet this afternoon who said that he has 'gastroentritus' and he probably just likes human food
He's eating a little, just hope that he increases his appetite soon, we've never had a dog who didn't eat properly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >