Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2020, 08:15 AM

Monday 5.10.2020

Good Morning all

Hope everyone is well and not too cold, the weather is definitely moving towards Autumn.

No real plans for today some washing to hang out just waiting to suss the turn of the weather out rain or turning fine until later as the forecast predicts.

Moyra Hope you are fine, am I correct in assuming that one of you has contact off the board to check all is okay. The absence is concerning.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2020, 09:49 AM
Good morning Kazz and all who follow

Good luck with the washing and hope the rain holds off

Hope your arms is better Kelly but if not you have managed to get a doctor's appointment

Nice morning here after more rain overnight. The only saving grace is I can now put the hoe in the garden Have tidied up the bottom half now so looking a lot better. Tomorrow, if weather holds need to trim some bushes back and hoe a bit more down half of one side.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2020, 10:19 AM
'morning everyone

Lynn, yes our central heating is oil fired, they can be more of a problem than the gas boilers. There is gas in the main road and when these three houses were built they were all offered free installation of gas, (That would have been 1970's I imagine) but all the residents rejected it, don't know the reason why.

Have booked a service engineer visit for Wednesday, hope he can sort it.

Griff - Somehow I don't think I would get a discount on our oil supply for being on chemo We can get a pipe run into the property from the road but we would have to pay for it plus a new gas boiler plus all the disruption. Like you I look for the simple life now

Moyra - Not sure if you'll read this, do miss you, hope someone on here has your e-mail so we can get an update.

Weather a tad brighter today so might get out this afternoon.

Bye for now folks
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2020, 10:23 AM
On the 22nd September Moyra said she had been in a lot of pain but on the mend. I do hope someone can get in touch with her. But as I have been told before we never can? This happened when gordonmac disappeared and others. Another reason to not get to close to people that we think of as friends. So sad.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Afternoon, Kazz, Sue, Harvey, brenda and all to follow.

Dry here today thinking about putting the washing out.
Dillon still doing ok, not much progress from yesterday but at least we're not going backwards.

Harvey like us the less disruption in our lives now the better. Fingers crossed the boiler is easily and cheaply fixed.

brenda I have emailed Moyra I have two email addresses for her, the thing is if people are willing to share their contact details we are able to email them if they choose not to share those details we cannot email them and Azz would not legally be able to provide those details however worried we were.
It is hard when people disappear I agree especially if we know they have been unwell but it is not always that straightforward being able to get in touch.
If I still have the correct emails they will arrive to Moyra and if she replies I will let you know she is ok.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2020, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
On the 22nd September Moyra said she had been in a lot of pain but on the mend. I do hope someone can get in touch with her. But as I have been told before we never can? This happened when gordonmac disappeared and others. Another reason to not get to close to people that we think of as friends. So sad.
Aww. I think some people are only meant to be visitors in our lives.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Weather held out washing and two of Gert's bedding covers on the line as well.
Fingers crossed.

Just ordered some Christmas presents.......YEAH...Christmas
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2020, 11:37 AM
Good afternoon all

Nice morning again after the overnight rain.

Waiting for a delivery now - a couple of heaters for Gary which should be here before 1 pm.

The only Christmas presents I have to buy this year are for Gary. Unfortunately, with the virus on the rise we won't be able to get over to Barnsley this year to deliver presents so they will all have to make do with the money to buy what they want. I will order a flower card for my sister though because Christmas is a difficult time for her now without her hubby
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2020, 12:34 PM
Afternoon Chris.

Heard form Moyra she is still in pain and feeling down. She may pop on later or in a few days but has said to tell you thank you for asking after her.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2020, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Chris.

Heard form Moyra she is still in pain and feeling down. She may pop on later or in a few days but has said to tell you thank you for asking after her.
Awwwwwwwwww Thanks Lynn
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >