Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2020, 09:18 AM

Daily Chat Monday 28th September

Good morning everyone

Hope demoting Bruno is going well Harvey

Hope you manage to sort your Christmas out early Kelly and that you feel safe and happy

Good luck with the viewings today Chris and Brenda

Overcast but dry here so washing out. Have walked Teazle, cleaned all the windows outside and prepared veg for lunch so now it is coffee time

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2020, 09:51 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Turned out nice and sunny and warmer than it has been for a few days and the blasted wind has gone.
I also have washing out.
Waiting for an Ocado delivery in between tidying up.
Had a lovely afternoon with Mark and Lauren and a nice roast beef lunch, Joel was there and I knew he would be but seems he is staying for a while and looking for work near to Mark and Lauren.
He had painting and decorating work and Donna wanted to charge him £100 a week rent. Cooper her ex who still lives there put his foot down and got it down to £60 a week. No bed no food no washing done I know she has the other 3 and they seem to be challenging but your washing for them a few extra bits surely wouldn't hurt.
He was sleeping on and old couch. When he arrived home after his butlins break with Mark, Lauren, Tia and Lauren's family he and Tia stayed for a few days.
Lauren dropped them off at Donna's and Tias mum was running late to pick Tia up to drive her back to Braintree where they now live. So typical of Donna as soon as they got in the door she shouted Joel you need a job my benefits have stopped. Of course they will of done he is 18 and no longer in education. He had applied for jobs as the painting/decorating was casual.
Tia told him you need to sort with your dad and go and live there for a while get away from her.
So he has. He got in Marks car on Wednesday to come back and got offered a job laying patios but decided to come home with his dad.
I can tell you I heaved a sigh of relief I was fuming when I learnt he had no bed she wasn't feeding him and wanted all that money off him, why I'm ever surprised and get angry I don't know I should be so use to the way she treats him.

Good luck with viewings brenda and Chris.
Hope the dematting is going well Harvey.
Are you still on holiday Kazz enjoy if you are.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-09-2020, 11:01 AM
" So typical of Donna as soon as they got in the door she shouted Joel you need a job my benefits have stopped. Of course they will of done he is 18 and no longer in education."

Amazing isn't it, while she was picking up the 'benefit cheque' from the tax payer she was happy to have him at home, now he's no longer a 'free' source of income he has to go or pay an outrageous rent with none of the benefits a family member would normally have when living with parents.

To tell the truth Lynn I don't know how you've managed to control your feelings regarding her, I would have been arrested for murder long ago

But, there is some justice comming her way, as the younger kids come up to 18 she will loose their benefits as well, then she'll be well into middle age and heading towards old age with nothing, she has no happy future, just one in which she'll be dependant on the generosity of her children and I'm guessing she won't find that so forthcomming.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2020, 12:11 PM
Hi Harvey when we lived in the same town I rarely saw her thank goodness, the good thing about moving to Norfolk now here was I never have to see her again.
I had to keep telling myself she wasn't worth it, that's how Michael Marks brother got through it to, that she wasn't worth going to prison for.
Yes she will be left with no one her children all of them have been her meal ticket.
Even to the point about 5 years ago having a baby that nearly killed her and the baby her 4th child was coming to the age of her having to find a job and that is how she has lived her life.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Sadly the viewing was not for me. This was a place that I lived in in 1971such happy memories but it didn't have the right feeling. So my search goes on. Have a good day all. Sunny here.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2020, 01:44 PM
Afternoon all

Lynn sounds like a good step in the right direction and sounds also like Tia has a head on her shoulders. Glad you have had a good weekend. Families are more complex than the universe.

Sue Snap on the window cleaning front and also a bit of washing out including Gerts bedding. Weather okay nice actually have split the herbaceous I needed too and replanted. Also all garden rubbish gone liking this way of booking the skip in and out.

Brenda The right one will come along.

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2020, 02:29 PM
Sorry it wasn't for you brenda but you have to make sure it feels right for you.
Yes Kazz families are very complex.

As long as he is looked after and fed well and is happy that all I care about and I am very happy he is back with his dad and Lauren. For now anyway.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry it wasn't for you brenda but you have to make sure it feels right for you.
Yes Kazz families are very complex.

As long as he is looked after and fed well and is happy that all I care about and I am very happy he is back with his dad and Lauren. For now anyway.
Lynn In 5 years you will look back and wonder why you worried sounds like he is getting on track.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2020, 03:30 PM
Maybe Kazz we seem to keep deja vous where this situation is concerned.
I will keep fingers crossed he decides to make his home this way with his dad and Lauren and get a job and learn to drive and move to Braintree where Tia and her mum have moved to.
I sincerely hope he does not go back to Donna's.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Lynn - Yes, there's a real chance now that he can learn about life and responsibilities from his Dad. He's at a critical age and the last thing you (or anyone) wants is that he falls in with the wrong crowd. From what you've said it seems that (apart from the mother from hell ) he's got some good people around so that bodes well for his future.

As Kazz has said families can be complex. The guy who does some 'odd jobs' around here is incredibly hard working, hardly ever has a full weekend off, yet when he starts to tell me about his family (he's been married three times) my head starts to reel, I have told him more than once "I don't know how you can handle it all "
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >