Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2020, 06:31 AM

Daily Chat Thursday 2nd April

Good morning everyone

Pleased some have managed to get an on line shop I haven't even bothered. Good that you got a tv Brenda even if you don't watch a lot it is still there to relieve some of the boredom at the moment.

Dull and overcast but not as cold. Going to try and get a few bits later as it would appear that middle afternoon is the best time to attempt to get into our local Tesco.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Daily Thread, Thursday, 2nd April, 2020
Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all in good health.

Have a good day stay safe and well. God bless.

Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow looks like my copy and paste attempt has worked to amalgamate the two good morning threads.

Sunny here and warming up duls over every now and then but a pleasant day.

I gave up with the online shopping seems Iceland who I used regularly are putting vulnerable people at top of the list which is fair enough. Did give me the option of click and collect but the nearest one for that option is Kings Lynn or Peterborough both a good 1/2 journey away so sort of defeats the point.
Better shopping locally and doing a 5 minute journey by car. I think I fared better getting all that I needed and for others by popping out, but I am able to so that makes a difference.

Gorden off to the cabin in a while for work meetings done over the laptop at the moment.

Keep safe and well everyone and all four legged friends to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2020, 09:06 AM
Morning all
I ventured out to town to get some more bits....veg and some stuff from Iceland, problem is I can't carry much, mums not allowed out, dad's still at work. Iceland have put their hours here back to 9-5 so I managed to get in and get a few bits and on the whole, they had pretty much full freezers, full fridges of meats and a fair amount of cheese
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2020, 10:22 AM
Morning everyone. Haven't heard back from Sainsburys and I can't get any delivery slots on Tesco yet either. So I will just have to hope that my neighbour will get me bits when I need them. I could brave co-op but hate the thought of it. Ah well take care everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Sainsburys hours for elderly vulnerable disabled and their carers etc are Monday Wednesday and Friday between 8-9 sure Steve could take you especially as you said he was working less. I believe they are very well organised.
Tesco also Mon Wed Fri but 9-10am same as above.

Co Op All our stores have a dedicated shopping hour for our vulnerable customers, those that care for them and NHS workers.
This takes place from 8am to 9am Monday to Saturday and from 10am to 11am on Sundays in all our stores.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2020, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning all
I ventured out to town to get some more bits....veg and some stuff from Iceland, problem is I can't carry much, mums not allowed out, dad's still at work. Iceland have put their hours here back to 9-5 so I managed to get in and get a few bits and on the whole, they had pretty much full freezers, full fridges of meats and a fair amount of cheese
Griff as long as your Mom is registered in accordance to the letter she received then you will be able to get online deliveries as who you normally shop with will be in touch as obviously they do not know you are vulnerable until informed
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2020, 08:22 PM
Mum rang Morrisons...there call centre was not available, she called Sainsbury's who could see she was on the govt list but they hadn't added her!! Hopefully we will be able to get sorted in the next 48 hours...if not I will go back to my local Asda and just get the bare essentials
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2020, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah...went out and clapped for the NHS, saw my neighbours and had a laugh