Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2020, 11:08 AM
Good afternoon all.

Chris How is your daughter and son in law and family doing? Hope a bit better or changes that say it run down or tired.

Also Boris Johnson in hospital is a "concern" may be a strong a word but cannot think of another I did not realise how much I think he is actually a good prime minister which has been a total U turn on my previous view.

Although I have to say I did very much think the Queens speech was timed to a critical moment and to be honest yet to speak to a person who did not think it was reassuring and hopeful loved the ending
"We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again."
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Yes Kazz it's a privacy film, we had it on the front windows at Upwell different design. At the moment in our room we have the vertical blinds not such a fan after buying them, you lose your window ledge.
So have on order a blackout roller blind for both rooms and curtains different colour to what we have now but now spare room is done you can see right into the bedroom so that room now has privacy film on the bottom half. Our room will have the same.

If the link works this is the one we have bought and have on the spare bedroom window now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbitgoo-P...=fsclp_pl_dp_4

Hoping Spain is past it's peak and they can relax the lock down a bit not extend it as Michael said they had been warned they might.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2020, 11:58 AM
Good afternoon all from sunny Skeg.

Karen is much the same today although her hubby seems a bit brighter. She says so is so exhausted she can hardly stand so a day in bed with a big bottle of water at her side to drink as much as she's able.

It's so hard knowing I can't just jump in the car and go over to make sure she's really OK (well as OK as can be) and help out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2020, 12:12 PM
That's the hardest thing Chris, not being able to visit.
Hope the rest helps her.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2020, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all from sunny Skeg.

Karen is much the same today although her hubby seems a bit brighter. She says so is so exhausted she can hardly stand so a day in bed with a big bottle of water at her side to drink as much as she's able.

It's so hard knowing I can't just jump in the car and go over to make sure she's really OK (well as OK as can be) and help out
Hope the rest helps her I do think a lot of people I speak to are sunning on sheer emotional exhaustion the worry is overwhelming and then to go to work and worry with every person you meet I am please that she is having a "duvet day"
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2020, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Yes Kazz it's a privacy film, we had it on the front windows at Upwell different design. At the moment in our room we have the vertical blinds not such a fan after buying them, you lose your window ledge.
So have on order a blackout roller blind for both rooms and curtains different colour to what we have now but now spare room is done you can see right into the bedroom so that room now has privacy film on the bottom half. Our room will have the same.

If the link works this is the one we have bought and have on the spare bedroom window now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rabbitgoo-P...=fsclp_pl_dp_4

Hoping Spain is past it's peak and they can relax the lock down a bit not extend it as Michael said they had been warned they might.
That looks really nice Lynn. I know what you mean I am considering something for the front kitchen window but with this virus hardly anyone passing. would rather have normality and the film than no film and no people.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2020, 12:47 PM
I saw this on social media and it struck a chord:

We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another.
Suddenly Disney is out of magic,
Paris is no longer romantic,
New York doesn't stand up anymore,
the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mecca is empty.
Hugs & kisses suddenly become weapons, and not visiting parents & friends becomes an act of love.
Suddenly you realise that power, beauty & money are worthless, and can't get you the oxygen you're fighting for.
The world continues its life and it is beautiful. It only puts humans in cages. I think it's sending us a message:
"You are not necessary. The air, earth, water and sky without you are fine. When you come back, remember that you are my guests. Not my masters."

Unfortunately, it's just doing the rounds and not attributed to anyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2020, 12:57 PM
I saw that to Chris and it is very true.
Kazz I agree those who have to turn out for work are really feeling the stress and faced with situations never been faced before. That is why Mark thinks his was stress not the virus, he did get me telling him though yesterday take care it does come back.

The film was great at Upwell when the mums use to walk two abreast on the path taking the children to school their shoulders would actually rub our window, we only had it to shoulder height but it gave you a bit more privacy.
Would be nice to be back normal and see more people out and about I agree.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2020, 01:07 PM
I did risk it and he appeared at the window...I stayed put for a little bit but then the sun went in lol.
Steve is doing o.k...he hates people anyway so this is like a massive Christmas present to him lol!! He is off work at the moment, they are trying to work the shifts out at the moment
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2