Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2020, 06:41 AM

Daily Chat Tuesday 31st March

Good morning everyone

Reading the all the nurseries are having to destroy their plants and loosing millions. It is such a shame as they haven't got the means to do online deliveries.

Such a shame you can't go out in your garden because of your neighbours Griff. They really are the pits.

Like you Kazz I have been shifting a few plants about and have some I over wintered in the green house, as had to move them at the wrong time, so will harden them off and plant out.

Pleased Rosie is enjoying her games in the garden. If you throw a ball for Teazle she takes it back indoors - such a silly dog.

Lovely here this morning but very cold. One load of bedding out and about to turf his worship out of bed so I can wash our. Aren't I cruel

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2020, 07:07 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2020, 07:28 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra and all to follow.
Nice sunny day here today. Feels a little warmer to than the last few days.

What a shame Sue about all those plants.
griff honestly not sure what to say but I understand had similar neighbours years ago and couldn't use my garden when on my own the abuse that came over the fence was dreadful. Hugs.

Well this morning I am out on an essential shopping trip for ourselves, Michael and Margaret and Graham next door who has cancer. He has a very small list.
I am preparing for being out for the day trawling our 3 supermarkets here and possibly the ones in Downham where Michael and Margaret live to try to get what we all need. Then a quick drop off to Michael and Margaret, hope the alcohol aisle is stocked I feel I am going to need a stiff drink when I get in.

Spare room beginning to look nice again we love the colour we chose always hard to tell till it goes on the walls.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-03-2020, 08:10 AM
Just an update on those two apple trees we plants late last year. The seemed to have survived the winter

On is doing a bit better than the other but both have new leaves starting to appear.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Morning everyone back out into the garden again today.
Have taken my friend to her appointment pre starting the radiotherapy for her brain cancer.. We were singing away in the car there and back so you would not of guessed where we were going when I pulled up at the traffic light some chap just shook his head at us which started us laughing even more.

The radiotherapy could well be at the private hospital as they are trying to keep all really vulnerable patients away from hospital areas that could be a risk. Hard work for them.

Will hear this week her levels for everything are low she said following the bloods a week ago pre lockdown. SO fingers crossed more scans and things done today. Another benchmark set of X-rays I suspect. But a good safe journey and home. When we were getting out of the car to go in she pulled her hat on to get out of the car and the scar on the back of her head is really noticeable and must of been seen when we came back to the car the policeman and they some nurses/porters and a couple of ambulance people clapped her. Made us both tear up not good when you are the driver. LOL

Anyhow back into the garden.

Griff I am sorry for you not being able to go out into your space will they ever finish do you think?

Sue We washing line people are relentless.

Lynn Happy hunting.

Moyra Stay well how are you?

Tw Well done apple crumble coming up
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2020, 10:11 AM
Good morning all.

Just had our morning constitutional in the garden

A lot warmer today. Not really warm, but much nicer to sit outside.

I love to watch the trees - exciting I know. They change so much throughout the year and spring is my favourite, watching those small buds gradually unfurl. I do miss the park in town - watching nature marching on. Luckily we have a very small field at the back of us with plenty of trees on so we're not missing out on this glorious time of year for watching spring springing
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Afternoon all
Kazz I don't know, there was a nasty incident last night where they ripped out my plants on the original border....they were what my nan gave me 36 years ago. They still continue to turn up... driving from one side of the city to another obviously again... above the law!!
I have been and got a couple of bits from town and walked the dogs...now I am back in for the day
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2020, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Afternoon all
Kazz I don't know, there was a nasty incident last night where they ripped out my plants on the original border....they were what my nan gave me 36 years ago. They still continue to turn up... driving from one side of the city to another obviously again... above the law!!
I have been and got a couple of bits from town and walked the dogs...now I am back in for the day
For Gods sake Griff...….what possesses people to touch someone's plants cry:
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2020, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good morning all.

Just had our morning constitutional in the garden

A lot warmer today. Not really warm, but much nicer to sit outside.

I love to watch the trees - exciting I know. They change so much throughout the year and spring is my favourite, watching those small buds gradually unfurl. I do miss the park in town - watching nature marching on. Luckily we have a very small field at the back of us with plenty of trees on so we're not missing out on this glorious time of year for watching spring springing

I am totally with you I adore watching trees.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2020, 02:31 PM
Afternoon everyone, shopping a success and all delivered to it's rightful place.
I am thinking I wouldn't mind shopping with a queuing system when this is all over much more orderly and enjoyable.
Enjoyed the drive to Downham market along the riverside the world seems a quiet and calm place at the moment.

Kazz hugs to you and your friend. Emotional times.
Chris I love watching the trees burst into life to.
Sue hope you haven't found to much mischief to get yourself into.
griff words fail me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >