Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2020, 06:37 AM

Daily Chat Sunday 29th March

Good morning everyone

Did you all remember the clocks went forward last night?

Sun is trying to come through but still very windy. Just having a quick breakfast before heading out with Teazle. Nothing really planned today except cooking.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2020, 07:25 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. I want my hour back please. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2020, 07:34 AM
I have not been for a walk for some time so Sue suggested going for one with her this morning.

What a pleasure it was to find the trapped sciatic nerve had freed itself somehow and managed to do the walk without that pain in my side.

Ok the legs need strengthening up but still managed at least doing a mile if not more pain free
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Morning all. Well done you tumbly it is so nice to hear you are about. Keep going but take it steady. Sun is shining here and have been for the morning paper. Hi to everyone else.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2020, 10:12 AM
Good morning all.

Have joined the NHS volunteer so awaiting the next move. Really windy out but nice been out been in the garden planted some bulbs I found in the back of the summer house so see what they turn out to be. I think 99% of my daffs are out now so very pleased Have found also some seeds I put away a few years ago so will scatter them on the piece of dirt to the left of kitchen window and see what comes up. Another surprise.

Also may of mentioned but hey ho have split my herbaceous plants to even up the garden as doubt I will be able to rely on annuals or bedding this year.
Planning on tomatoes and strawberries and maybe peppers in the hanging baskets and herbs in the trough on the shed wall hoping the warmth of the brick wall helps (North facing garden) Have decided to do the potatoes into the garden in bags. When this is over definitely getting a greenhouse.
Rinsing through the car seat cover now and putting on the line plan to clean the car tomorrow or later (see how I am dragging these treats out)

Has this virus made you consider changes to your lives or appreciated thing more I am. I would not say I am wasteful with food but now looking and thinking hmm lets freeze that or 1/2 of that amount is fine. So pleased I have a garden to get out into would go stir crazy with no outside space and no WASHING LINE....Ekkkkkkkk

Sue What are you cooking?
TW My sciatica comes and goes the Doctor when I was hospitalised with it orginally they thought I had Cauda Equina which turned out thankfully not to be the case. However the Doctor said that I would learn to recognise the symptoms and warning signs and I have. I find heat works very well. Glad you have been out and about

Moyra Stay well and safe as well how are you coping with staying in?

Brenda Hope you have got your shopping sorted how are you?

Chris Well how are you doing staying home how is your son getting on?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2020, 10:54 AM
Just a heads up. If you get an email from the Department for Health saying do not eat tinned pork ignore it is SPAM
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2020, 12:01 PM
Afternoon Sue, Moyra, brenda, Kazz and Barry and all to follow.
Very very windy here and all through the night. Sunny though.

Well I was thinking of doing an online order to save going out Tuesday to pick up some bits we need, given up with that yesterday Ocado no slots come back Sunday I was up at 4 couldn't sleep tried no updates went on at 7am slots all gone. Iceland only delivering to the vulnerable so that's not me included, Tesco no slots till the at least the 18th April even click and collect and similar with Sainsbury's only deliveries to the vulnerable.
Iceland madly enough offering click and collect but at no stores in our town so would have to drive a few miles which is also not encouraged.
So instead of trying to keep out of the way I can't however much I try regards shopping.

Kazz seems you are having fun in the garden, Gorden is starting to the prep the spare room in a bit for painting tomorrow.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Good afternoon all.

Very wet and windy overnight and windy all day so far albeit sunny. Out in the garden quite a lot with Rosie (despite feeling blooming freezing) to make sure she gets her exercise.

Gary is doing fine Kazz. The only time we are breaking the lock down is to go pick him up and drop him back home after we have fed him. Nothing we can do about that though so I hope I'm allowed my little bit of rule breaking.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2020, 02:41 PM
Chris, the way I see it is that's necessary...Gary can't manage on his own and leaving him to his own devices wouldn't end well, unlike my neighbours who have driven half way across the city 2 times a day being in close contact with 3 workmen....yet they will be the pair that dodge it....my lot have adhered to the rules as best we can and we will most likely get it
After trying to get a shopping slot for 4 days and getting low on fresh supplies, dad and I had to venture to the shops!! We whizzed round, grabbed literally what we needed and made do with some things and got out again...I did get beer though so I will be fine lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Kazz just hoping that after Wednesday I can find a shop that delivers. Tesco keep saying their helping but they aren't. Bit annoyed really.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >