Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2020, 06:56 AM

Daily Chat Tuesday 24th March

Good morning everyone

Taken my daily walk - no one about. Now only have to collect Barry prescription an go to the bank. Need to see if they can help with online banking as although already registered it will not let me log in or change my details. Also want to pay off credit cards before they are overdue.

Although we all seem to have been busy in the garden now that the garden centres are closed no doubt a lot like me will have empty beds. Oh well always next year to start again.

Hope everyone manages to adhere to these new rules and stays well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2020, 07:57 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow. The same to you Sue take care. Been for the morning paper and some bits. Will go for my usual constitutional later. The sun is shining. Take Care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2020, 08:20 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.

Sunny here and not so breezy as yesterday.
We will be having our daily walk with Dillon no shopping needed for a little while my freezers are always stocked. Unless Michael and Margaret need something but I think he was lucky with regards getting his meat from his butcher.

Fingers crossed now we can start to get this nasty virus under control and the police do indeed disperse groups of more than two as they are doing in Italy and Spain. There it isn't even groups of two now it is anybody out without a valid reason to be out.

Lauren off work now for 4 weeks but looks like Mark will still be in the thick of it all as they supply plumbing supplies/heating and water they are considered a shop that needs to be open. Hopefully it will only be tradesmen entering now and not the amount of customers they have been having and hopefully not so rude either.

Hope everyone keeps safe and all four legged friends to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Good morning everyone, had a bit of a lie in as I do not have to take Amber out early anymore, she has the run of the garden instead. Not that she's bothered she has just had her frozen chicken drumstick which she loves. I'll go and put her dish of food down in a minute two sachets of beef and lamb with her favourite sausage cut up on top! She's well spoilt.

I hope everyone is well, have a good day and stay safe, your doggy friends too. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning Sue and all to follow. The same to you Sue take care. Been for the morning paper and some bits. Will go for my usual constitutional later. The sun is shining. Take Care everyone.
Brenda how did you get on with your shopping I ask as I am a Sainsburys online shopper well was with Mom and my Aunt and as such have been classed as a "high risk" fir want of a better word they send you an email and you have that day to book a delivery example case of today email sent 8.03 this morning saying log in with you email and it will open up available slots book before end of day have logged on out of interest as will not be using the system myself at all as able to get out and about (at the moment) and have family around however it has a full day of slots for delivery for Thursday this week open from 7am -10pm so do not think the slots are booked just opening for specific groups.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2020, 01:01 PM
To me that means even though I will not use it or try to remove myself as sure they are full to capacity on enquires the system is working. I assume I am classed as "vulnerable" based on previous shopping and requests mostly my Aunts incontinence and various other items.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2020, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

Taken my daily walk - no one about. Now only have to collect Barry prescription an go to the bank. Need to see if they can help with online banking as although already registered it will not let me log in or change my details. Also want to pay off credit cards before they are overdue.

Although we all seem to have been busy in the garden now that the garden centres are closed no doubt a lot like me will have empty beds. Oh well always next year to start again.

Hope everyone manages to adhere to these new rules and stays well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Sue good luck have got washing her on the line YEAH and in machine now as on the dog walk which incorporated picking up a prescription for my neighbour over the way I slipped and ended up in the mud. Yuck. so jeans in machine.

Hope you get done what you want to and yes I thought that about my garden so have started to split down some of my herbaceous plants to hopefully fill the gaps
l
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.

Sunny here and not so breezy as yesterday.
We will be having our daily walk with Dillon no shopping needed for a little while my freezers are always stocked. Unless Michael and Margaret need something but I think he was lucky with regards getting his meat from his butcher.

Fingers crossed now we can start to get this nasty virus under control and the police do indeed disperse groups of more than two as they are doing in Italy and Spain. There it isn't even groups of two now it is anybody out without a valid reason to be out.

Lauren off work now for 4 weeks but looks like Mark will still be in the thick of it all as they supply plumbing supplies/heating and water they are considered a shop that needs to be open. Hopefully it will only be tradesmen entering now and not the amount of customers they have been having and hopefully not so rude either.

Hope everyone keeps safe and all four legged friends to.
Morning Lynn enjoy your walk yes we (B&Q) are still open at the moment having a board meeting I think to decided on how and what do. But essential items only.

Have a good day. Catch you later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2020, 01:28 PM
Mark has said Wickes is closed CEO sent the managers an email this morning all Wickes stores shut till they can sort something that keeps staff safe, I would imagine if/when they reopen it will tradesmen only (hopefully).
He was going to self isolate anyway as he coughed all day yesterday and felt achy and same today. Have my fingers crossed he is just stressed and tired not picked up the virus.
Michael has let us know they are now using the ice rink in Madrid as a morgue.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-03-2020, 01:37 PM
'afternoon every one

Yes, interesting times, I certainly can't remember anything like it my lifetime.

It will not effect me too much as I have to 'self isolate' after every chemo session anyway and I have more than enough to do in the garden, workshop, dog walks, and stuff I need to do on the computer.

Alena is taking Xena & Bruno today, I will go tomorrow.

Hope you are all able to get the essentials you need (food & medicines etc)

Those self employed people will get a subsidy from the government but it may take some weeks to come through it's going to be hard on them.

See you all latter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >