25-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Damn it!!!!! My OH did it you see LOL

WHAT?? Are you kidding me? lol
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Sounds sooo delicious - like the gooseberry flavour, it's really fresh - LOL I hope you're having a glass right now...must confess that we're drinking the marlborough right now - it is so delicious - I swear if this stuff didn't give you hang overs I'd drink the whole case.

Good choice with Sauv Blanc - chards can be a bit hard to drink - always struggled with them too - but have stumbled across a few of them which are decent.

Tried any of the chilean reds? they've got quite a sexy bite...yum!!!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star

I don't know much about wines but I prefer Sauvignon Blancs to Chardonnays.

The one I like at the moment is quite cheap (under Ģ5) and is called Chileno. I've brought the bottle upstairs (any excuse) to type what it says on the back:

" ... is a crisp and zesty white wine with an abundance of gooseberry and herbaceious aromas ..."
It goes on to say it's dry and smoothe and refreshing and goes with shellfish, light pasta or just on its own (suits me )
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by saz
WHAT?? Are you kidding me? lol
I kid you not LOL

I think it's really great - all the posters that they stuck up everywhere and all the bar mats and coasters were designed by him as well
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Oh my god, i think i should get your OH to sign a beer mat
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 08:18 PM
LOL Saz, you are sooo going to be his favourite person on Dogweb!!!!
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Ok so now I'm annoyed, I typed a really long post and then stupidly I pressed the wrong keys on the keyboard and closed my dogweb window :smt091

Anyhoo.

I have only started to drink red over the last year or so, always insisted I hated the stuff. Have had a couple of nice Chilean reds. Over the summer though I prefer white.

But I got a really nice bottle of rose for my birthday. Rose is not something I had tried but this one is lovely.

This is my recommendation, it's from M&S

Rondinella Pinot Grigio

La Prendina Estate Rose

Style: A delightfully elegant and fruity rose wine with an enticing aroma of strawberries and cream, a fresh rasberry flavour and crisp finish.

Serving: Makes a refreshing aperitif, or pair it with simple seafood, grilled white fish, cured ham or leafy salads.

It is absolutely lovely chilled.

We don't have nay in the hpouse at the moment, only and empty bottle from the last time we had it, so I think I may have to take a trip to M&S tommorrow

Aileen x
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Mapplecotage ever tasted a Spanish wine they have a very good red wine (rioja) and it doesnīt have to an expensive wine to be good as someone said it tasts like vinigar then i would say itīs bad the white wine is also good but white wine the cheaper one is normally better
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
LOL Saz, you are sooo going to be his favourite person on Dogweb!!!!

So do i get the signed beer mat?
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks a million Aileen - sorry the DW window closed, what a pain in the a*s LOL!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation on the Pinot Grigio - always struggled to find one that tasted decent but will give it another go - strawberries and cream -yum!!

Originally Posted by Aileen
Ok so now I'm annoyed, I typed a really long post and then stupidly I pressed the wrong keys on the keyboard and closed my dogweb window :smt091

Anyhoo.

I have only started to drink red over the last year or so, always insisted I hated the stuff. Have had a couple of nice Chilean reds. Over the summer though I prefer white.

But I got a really nice bottle of rose for my birthday. Rose is not something I had tried but this one is lovely.

This is my recommendation, it's from M&S

Rondinella Pinot Grigio

La Prendina Estate Rose

Style: A delightfully elegant and fruity rose wine with an enticing aroma of strawberries and cream, a fresh rasberry flavour and crisp finish.

Serving: Makes a refreshing aperitif, or pair it with simple seafood, grilled white fish, cured ham or leafy salads.

It is absolutely lovely chilled.

We don't have nay in the hpouse at the moment, only and empty bottle from the last time we had it, so I think I may have to take a trip to M&S tommorrow

Aileen x
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by fredsdoghouse
Mapplecotage ever tasted a Spanish wine they have a very good red wine (rioja) and it doesnīt have to an expensive wine to be good as someone said it tasts like vinigar then i would say itīs bad the white wine is also good but white wine the cheaper one is normally better
Hi Fred

Have tasted Rioja before but can't remember what it is like tbh it was so long ago. Sounds like a good excuse to search for a bottle then.

Thanks Fred
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >